OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I just ordered a motorcycle helmet (full face) from the Netherlands and it was 83$ on 600 CAD, theres some websites that can estimate if you want to google it.

Yikes! The f***ers!

Thanks, I'll try to estimate and see if it's worth it.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Don't know where to ask so I'll do it here : Is anyone familiar with the border taxes when you import some item from France? It's an old, used book costing 200€ on ebay, so I'm afraid to be stuck with exorbitant "frais de douanes" if I buy it. Reading on it I get lost in a maze of unclear formalities, and it seems to boil down to an arbitrary judgement from douane Canada.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

There is the estimator.

You should only pay for the taxes (15%) without extra duty

Estimate duty and taxes

Reactions: BenchBrawl

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Thanks, I did it yesterday on that site, it looks fairly accurate if I use @Mrb1p 's example with his motorcycle helmet.

For my book it comes out at about 30$, which is alright.

You're welcome.

You said 200 euro which converts to ~300$ cad (closer to 45$). And also, they might evaluate the book price differently.

Last thing they might refer to the price declared in order to charge you.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
You're welcome.

You said 200 euro which converts to ~300$ cad (closer to 45$). And also, they might evaluate the book price differently.

Last thing they might refer to the price declared in order to charge you.

I approximated it in my original post, but it's more like 100 EUR after review and some negotiation with the seller.

Curious how they would evaluate the book price differently for a used book from the 1940's.

Reactions: llamateizer

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Lumenpulse is coming back in the public markets, but if I were you, I would think twice before investing. Their biggest investor, Power Energy, is selling their stake. I don't think they necessarily hate the company, but it's clear the company goes public so that Power can sell a good chunk of their shares, same for a private investor Nicolas Bélanger. Power will also sell the rest of their stake to other institutional investors Fonds de solidarité FTQ, Investissement Québec and BCIMC (equivalent of the Caisse de Dépôts for British Columbia).

Lumenpulse revient en Bourse avec une valeur d'un milliard

Also, I know we have a couple of fans of Nuvei on here, but if you didn't see, a couple of insiders sold a lot of shares last week again.

Novacap, the CEO and the CDPQ sold for a combined 563M$ of Nuvei.

That's another argument against the stock. It's a great company, it's just its valuation that's ridiculous.

Dans l’œil du Québec inc.: Des dirigeants de la multinationale québécoise CAE passent à la caisse

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
HUT8 entering nasdaq in top tier is huge news for my portfolio.
I lowered my avg 3 times and lost some confidence over time.

SCR with a huge 13%. I lowered my avg over time and now in better position.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Lumenpulse is coming back in the public markets, but if I were you, I would think twice before investing. Their biggest investor, Power Energy, is selling their stake. I don't think they necessarily hate the company, but it's clear the company goes public so that Power can sell a good chunk of their shares, same for a private investor Nicolas Bélanger. Power will also sell the rest of their stake to other institutional investors Fonds de solidarité FTQ, Investissement Québec and BCIMC (equivalent of the Caisse de Dépôts for British Columbia).

Lumenpulse revient en Bourse avec une valeur d'un milliard

Also, I know we have a couple of fans of Nuvei on here, but if you didn't see, a couple of insiders sold a lot of shares last week again.

Novacap, the CEO and the CDPQ sold for a combined 563M$ of Nuvei.

That's another argument against the stock. It's a great company, it's just its valuation that's ridiculous.

Dans l’œil du Québec inc.: Des dirigeants de la multinationale québécoise CAE passent à la caisse

And now Lumenpulse gives up on the IPO because it hasn't garnered enough interest lol

Lumenpulse renonce à son retour en Bourse

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Everything seems to be slowly surginh back. Im now in back in green in cryptos and stock.

Feels good man.

Except my 400k omi :(

yeah, OMI is horrible.
Only one I'm not comfortable yet.

Stocks
SCR, I'm back to profit after lowering average by 45%
BTCC, lowered average too. still at loss, but more manageable.
HUT8, same thing. hopefully Nasdaq listing will boost things up.

Crypto
BTC, same as above.
ETH, accumulation, increased my avg. in profit.
ADA, got my money back. remainder left to long term.
CAKE, slowly scratching back. Very small position
OMI, lol. lowered my average from .0125 to 0.0577. But I still believe in this project long term.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
yeah, OMI is horrible.
Only one I'm not comfortable yet.

Stocks
SCR, I'm back to profit after lowering average by 45%
BTCC, lowered average too. still at loss, but more manageable.
HUT8, same thing. hopefully Nasdaq listing will boost things up.

Crypto
BTC, same as above.
ETH, accumulation, increased my avg. in profit.
ADA, got my money back. remainder left to long term.
CAKE, slowly scratching back. Very small position
OMI, lol. lowered my average from .0125 to 0.0577. But I still believe in this project long term.
Its still very early but the fact is not moving at all is... Concerning.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Its still very early but the fact is not moving at all is... Concerning.

Veve is doing great.
Ecomi, not so much

The issue is that you can purchase gems directly without passing by the OMI token. For me, it's the biggest flaw. the burning rate is pretty low

If they put in place the promises, it will go up.
the moment they announce buyback program, it'll boost the price.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
How up are you(% wise) in say, the last year?

Wondering how rewarding the overall has been given some of the long term crypto moves some of you are in.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Veve is doing great.
Ecomi, not so much

The issue is that you can purchase gems directly without passing by the OMI token. For me, it's the biggest flaw. the burning rate is pretty low

If they put in place the promises, it will go up.
the moment they announce buyback program, it'll boost the price.

I'm not selling, I'll buy more soon, I think OMI is going to be very very good to us within a year. NFT's aren't going anywhere, they are burning tokens... I'm long term on this.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
How up are you(% wise) in say, the last year?

Wondering how rewarding the overall has been given some of the long term crypto moves some of you are in.

I'm now at -15% . joined at ATH of 56k$ :D .
My timing was horrible.

Started to buy dividends stocks
top 2 annualized
- 75% (SIA, almost at the lowest) and 30% (RY bought at 100$ before it crashes further to 70$)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad