OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
this bubble is about to burst, a crash correction is coming. SELL EVERYTHING NOW. its time to SELL HIGH and wait for the LOW.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
They build electric trucks and school buses. Amazon ordered a bunch of trucks for deliveries and has an option to buy stock into the company. Based in St-Jérôme. Just went public via a SPAC on the NYSE and on the TSX.

They announced a new plant in Chicago yesterday, and will build a battery plant in Québec on the north shore of Montréal.

I'm really bullish on this. Especially since that market has no big players from what I gather. Tesla has to fight vs. the big constructors. No such thing for Lion.

I think you're wrong about the competition although I do think Lion will become big because the market will become really big in the next two decades. Outside of the already existing big corp truck builders and the auto manucturers who are transitioning towards electric, there's also competition in start-ups like Nikola Motors, Workhorse Group and Hoshkosh corporation.

Still, Lion will be one of my main buys over this year. Their plan seems solid and they're not going on prototypes. Their E-buses have already a lot of good mileage.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Why are you waiting for the warrants? (I'm curious to hear, you probably have a good reason)

Right, so I've noticed based off my previous spac purchases that during the warrant exercising period, most post spacs drop in value as many initial investors are selling out and capitalizing on their gains by excercising their warrants. I like the company but I will wait it out a bit for the "weak" holders or the smart ones lol to get out first.

Anyway none of this will matter if you have a long term horizon

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I was thinking, I know that's dangerous right. lol . But could sell my house and invest the money in couple/three of VOO, VTI, BRK. Average 15% return, Make a good year's work. Even with 15-20k out a year in rent. Plus no house taxes, upkeep and house insurance.

It's cheaper to rent than own.
The extra money, you can invest.

My house gained 50% of value in 7 years.

I'm sure that I would've gained more if I invested my cashdown + the extra expenses that occurred

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
this bubble is about to burst, a crash correction is coming. SELL EVERYTHING NOW. its time to SELL HIGH and wait for the LOW.

It's just the beginning.
Yes Crypto is going to crash.

It's a dot com bubble. 90%+ will crash.
Majority of my investments are into BTC/ETH (sadly too small)/ADA

The goal is to have an exit plan.

Also invested in CAKE and OMI

BTC, I have no plan as I'm HODLing.
ETH, will take back my capital + small gains around 7-8k
ADA, selling 50%. I believe in the project, but alt coins should go up then crash.
CAKE, it's for liquidity and high APR, will try to get out this year. Optimally before the BTC rally.
OMI, it's a long term project that I believe in it.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I was thinking, I know that's dangerous right. lol . But could sell my house and invest the money in couple/three of VOO, VTI, BRK. Average 15% return, Make a good year's work. Even with 15-20k out a year in rent. Plus no house taxes, upkeep and house insurance.

Is your house fully paid, or somewhat paid off? You could do a little refinance and invest that in the market. Not sure about selling the house though haha.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Nah, last meeting to approve the merger was friday morning on the 23rd of April. News came out later that day, so any NGA stock that was bought afterwards were then the future LEV stock.

I've been following this closely for months.

On thursday the LEV stock came out. Merger was confirmed two weeks ago.

The Lion Electric Co. (NGA) – Northern Genesis Acquisition Corp.

Lion Electric Closes Business Combination with Northern Genesis Acquisition Corp. and will Debut as a Publicly Traded Company

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Lion Electric
May 06, 2021, 17:00 ET

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

:laugh: I am indeed. But maybe it's just a definition that I have wrong, they did announce some part of the SPAC on Thursday, notably that Power was doing a private placement before it entered the public markets. From my perspective it was new info, but I might not have been as informed on the newswire than you were.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Thank god I diversified my portfolio.

I have 2x more profit with ETH with 10x less investment compared to BTC

my dividends stocks gains are cancelling my growth stocks losses.

Almost converted my AT&T stocks to TSLA.
17% gains already in 2.5 months.

waiting a few days/weeks.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Ethereum is really booming, wow.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Hedge funds killing us retail investors in growth stocks right now. Waiting another two weeks to add again

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

BTC will peak soon too. Its such a good time right now.

Reactions: llamateizer

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Hedge funds killing us retail investors in growth stocks right now. Waiting another two weeks to add again

Not sure what hedge funds have to do with anything. These companies were trading way, way above fundamentals. And most are still way overvalued, and trading well above 1Y ago. GME was 4 bucks 12 months ago, TSLA was under 160, AARK was 50 bucks, MVIS under a dollar. All propped up by irrational exhuberance and the belief that "growth" companies don't need underlying, fundamental support.

Retail did this to themselves. They bought these shitty companies - GME / AMC / BB for instance are objectively shitty company's - got greedy, and lots will be left holding the bags. And just wait until retail realizes that this melt is going to continue for a long time. Money is going to exit fast.

This is 2000 all over again. I remember working the floor at a warehouse, 20 years old and a bunch of the forklift drivers were day trading. Retail was all in on tech. These guys were all stock market experts and making bank.

Guess how that all ended? For those to young to remember, retail and other money piled into shitty companies, those companies were in fact shit, and the Nasdaq went from 5K to 1500 K in one year. Took 14 years to recover.

Looks exactly the same pattern to me.

Reactions: QuebecPride

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Just to double down on the above....

TSLA is like 1% of the worlds car production, has a 16 share of the EV market, soon to be surpassed by VW. Most of their recent quarterly profit came from selling BTC and EV credits. And yet their market cap is greater than all other NA manufacturers combined. No way that is sustainable, at the end of the day a growth company needs to get to profit at some point.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
yep. crazy. I bought in at ATH at 1850 and still doubled my investments :laugh:.
It corrected to 15-1600 the day after.

sadly it's a small bag of ETH I have.

Yeah same, I have invested like 45$, now nearly doubled lol. Too bad it's just pocket change, but it could also have halved in that same timeframe ;)

LEV went down 2% today, hopefully my contribution comes in tomorrow and I can finally invest in Lion :D

Reactions: llamateizer

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I checked my ADA transactions and did some graphs (I like graphs). I sold 2/3 of my holdings. I wouldve made as much if I HODL with the current price.

I sold some of my ADA to get in OMI as I needed liquidity. And it was a horrible move hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad