Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
putlocker.is

for when its not on netflix

no netflix in china, ****** internet, don't have to wait hours for a single episode to download, don't have gigabytes of downloaded tv shows and tvs just eating up disk space....

that site is a a life-saver

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
just finished 11.22.63.

again going to bat for leon rippy's acting chops bookending a great series

and on that note, im gonna go watch stone's JFK. mostly full of ****, but hell of a film

Last edited:

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
just finished 11.22.63.

and on that note, im gonna go watch stone's JFK. mostly full of ****, but hell of a film

Funny you'd mention that.

Spoiler:
My only disappointment with 11.22.63 is that they went for the single shooter theory.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

Spoiler:
My only disappointment with 11.22.63 is that they went for the single shooter theory.

i was fine with that actually. i think it would have only needlessly complicated the plot. the plot was about jake and the set-pants-on-fire-gorgeous blonde and how he'd cope with it, how far he would go with it, not JFK or oswald. that's my take anyway...

nothing they did in the series shocked or surprise me though. i knew where the plot was going every step of the way but that fact that i was still entertained speaks volume about the series

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
just finished 11.22.63.

So true, i remember seeing that movie for the first time and being blown away, jaw dropped and everything, couldnt beleive it was all true.. but then i grew up lo...a lot of it is reaching and smoke...but that STILL doesnt change how incredible of a film it is nonetheless

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Spoiler:

It's always disappointing when you come across something like this cause esp. in the context of fantasy you want to see a complicated conspiracy.

But the point of it all was mainly about time travel and that when you want to fix bad things, those very bad things actually lead to good things. And that by doing a good action, you may actually make things turn for the bad. You can't play with the laws of physics.

Anyway that was the point of the book I read(never watched the show).

The idea of the single shooter is somewhat redeemed where King gives a reason why this occured. Oswald in real life already tried to assassinate a retired General and missed so he had a few screw loses, that's proven. And after Oswald had decided that Kennedy was his enemy, not too long after he was hired in the building where the JFK car was supposed to drive right in front of. And when Oswald learned about this he felt he was invested in a destiny of sort. Like he had to do it, as if God was giving him a sign. That's pretty logical to me that somewhat like that would think like this. I thought that was clever writing by King.

Then again, the possibility remains that someone may have put him there.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
So true, i remember seeing that movie for the first time and being blown away, jaw dropped and everything, couldnt beleive it was all true.. but then i grew up lo...a lot of it is reaching and smoke...but that STILL doesnt change how incredible of a film it is nonetheless

Saw this in 1991 on a big screen with a friend of mine. For young minds like we were it left a great impression. To this day one of the best experiences I've had in a movie theater. JFK was easily Top 5 theater movie experience with Pull Fiction, Seven(and a few others).

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Spoiler:

Stephen King himself talked about it. At first he thought there had to be a conspiracy or something. And after doing a whole lot of research for his book, he came to the conclusion that there was only one shooter. Which is, you know, what actually happened.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
To Runner77:

This is the only thread I know you check often and for some reason you've chosen to disable private messaging. Anyhoo, you make those meme gifs with written text on them right? I'm curious what program do you use for that?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
To Runner77:

This is the only thread I know you check often and for some reason you've chosen to disable private messaging. Anyhoo, you make those meme gifs with written text on them right? I'm curious what program do you use for that?

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

p.s. I'm surprised anyone would actually want to PM me, other than to advise me that I've committed an infraction. :laugh:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
bhvlaF1.jpg

the king is back

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
The thing about Fast & Furious, if you go into the movie with an attitude that you're going to point out every flaw and every reach you won't like it, because it isn't the best acting, it reaches big time with the action (unrealistic) and they are for sure flawed movies. But if you go into it just expecting to see a ton of action and nice cars, turn your brain off for an hour and a half you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect oscar worthiness of a film that isn't trying to be. Some of them are better than others, for example 3 is worth skipping entirely. I think some would agree 2 isn't anything special either. Personally, I liked the 1st one and the last one (7) the most.

They're action movies with a racing element. If you take movies way too seriously and feel every movie needs to be extremely meaningful you won't like it. If you like action movies and cars you're going to like them.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
with that attitude, probably not

they're dumb fun 80s action movies, especially 5 and 6 when they decided to become 100% self-aware

As I've said previously in this thread, these movies are a dissertation on all the over the top things you can do with cars.

Dumb as hell, but still well done and fun to watch. You just have to accept that this is more entertainment than art.

In fact, it would be interesting to develop an art/entertainment axis for a media such as cinema. Because some 'artsy' movies are really a pain, but they will always receive more critical praise than the totally assumed, but well crafted entertainment oriented blockbuster.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The thing about Fast & Furious, if you go into the movie with an attitude that you're going to point out every flaw and every reach you won't like it, because it isn't the best acting, it reaches big time with the action (unrealistic) and they are for sure flawed movies. But if you go into it just expecting to see a ton of action and nice cars, turn your brain off for an hour and a half you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect oscar worthiness of a film that isn't trying to be. Some of them are better than others, for example 3 is worth skipping entirely. I think some would agree 2 isn't anything special either. Personally, I liked the 1st one and the last one (7) the most.

They're action movies with a racing element. If you take movies way too seriously and feel every movie needs to be extremely meaningful you won't like it. If you like action movies and cars you're going to like them.

When I watched the movie I went in there wanting to watch a stupid over-blown action movie.

It just was not well put-together as far character development. Like for example The Rock shows up at the beginning and you don't see him for a long time before he reappears. It was a mess.

But the most annoying part that it was disguised as a F & F movie when really it was a Vin Diesel vehicule, almost like he was the producer and director and makeup artist of the movie. He did the best stunts, had all the character moments, it felt like the rest of cast were stand ins, even Paul Walker. The other movies of the series, it had a greater balance between all the characters where they had all their arks. Hell I will even admit Diesel is my favorite of these characters but this time, it felt so forced like it was Diesel looking at himself in the mirror saying to himself me me me for 2 hours. And he was exposed cause he's not a good actor so the fact that he had to carry the movie, all the times he had to emote was so stiff and lifeless and mediocre. Paul Walker was a real driver in real life, the best driver of the cast and he was reduced to bad fighting moments and all the best driving stunts were done by Diesel. I think it's a disgrace.

*rant over* :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad