OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Damn... another recommended series. I can't keep up! Still have Blacksails, Vikings, FTWD and others on the back burner! :cry:

Nice dilemma to have. I'm going through the same thing. This thread just keeps on giving. :cry:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It always feels so damn long in between GOT seasons lol.. so im glad i tried not to pay attention to its return and let it sneak up on me :D, glad to have it back sunday! only 22 episodes left

I have a friend who binge-watches all the previous seasons, just before a new season begins.

He says there are so many elements that escape you, that make it worthwhile to revisit.

Just what I needed, more time spent binge-watching. :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Damn... another recommended series. I can't keep up! Still have Blacksails, Vikings, FTWD and others on the back burner! :cry:

Open a trakt.tv or sidereel.com profile so you can track watched episodes as well as create various lists to group shows under.

It's the only way I can manage 33 active shows I am watching currently, plus a few dozen either on back-burner or to watch lists.

Jan 15, 2016
In a foxhole
It always feels so damn long in between GOT seasons lol.. so im glad i tried not to pay attention to its return and let it sneak up on me :D, glad to have it back sunday! only 22 episodes left

The return of the series every year isn't so bad.... I read the books and the last ones have been 5+ years in between! Looking at the author's physical condition and age, I'm not sure he'll be able to finish his work. :cry:

Jan 15, 2016
In a foxhole
Open a trakt.tv or sidereel.com profile so you can track watched episodes as well as create various lists to group shows under.

It's the only way I can manage 33 active shows I am watching currently, plus a few dozen either on back-burner or to watch lists.

Thanks. I use something similar: this app. Otherwise it would be impossible. I follow certain shows only with my GF every Friday (The Americans for example) and without that app I was always skipping episodes or starting one already watched.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Thanks. I use something similar: this app. Otherwise it would be impossible. I follow certain shows only with my GF every Friday (The Americans for example) and without that app I was always skipping episodes or starting one already watched.

That works as well.

The main advantage of something like trakt or sidereel is that those integrate with Kodi so when you watch an episode there - it's automatically marked as watched. No manual intervention needed.

Jan 15, 2016
In a foxhole
That works as well.

The main advantage of something like trakt or sidereel is that those integrate with Kodi so when you watch an episode there - it's automatically marked as watched. No manual intervention needed.

I didn't know that integration with Kodi. Will have to check this out. Thanks!! Seriously isn't Kodi the best software ever? I bought an NVidia Shield TV this winter mostly for Kodi and it's just perfect. Pause/Play/FF 1080p mkvs and any format.... :yo:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I feel like I've asked this before but are we talking Utopia:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3163562/

or

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/

If it's the latter, I'll add it to my "Want to Try" list on Sidereel. Looks promising.

P.S. There's also http://www.sidereel.com/utopia_(us) Totally confusing.

It's the second one.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/

What convinced me to watch it was a youtuber in the comments section of the trailer:

"Watching the trailer before the show: wtf is this?
Watching the trailer after the show: It all makes sense and everything is awesome"

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
OK now, I need to know who's the Hollywood executive that green lighted a Warcraft movie project. Because I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than him at deciding if a movie should be made or not.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
OK now, I need to know who's the Hollywood executive that green lighted a Warcraft movie project. Because I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than him at deciding if a movie should be made or not.

It's actually a good idea, since it went to a talented director.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Don't lie you know you'll be the first one in line to watch it. :popcorn:

Knackys

Jul 21, 2014
Anyone pumped for Sunday's return of GOT?

Yes i'm very pumped! I liked the two trailers they made. It looks like they will catch up to the books with the Greyjoy storyline and the Jaime storyline. All other storylines are pretty much catch up already. I'm really excited to see where they will go with the show.

Better Call Saul is becoming a favorite of mine. Really loving it.

The show is a bit slow, but still really good. I watched all season 2 this past weekend.

Banshee, Black Sails and Vikings are all great show. Not a huge fan of TWD, i'll watch season 6 when i will have nothing else to watch. I never watched FTWD and i probably never will.

Thanks for recommending Outlander. I'm only two episodes in but so far I am liking it! Liking it more than The Americans which I am having a little bit of trouble getting into. I find the relationships in The Americans a bit too much like a soap opera and annoying and the whole premise is a bit unbelievable but I can see why people enjoy it.

19-2 - The first episode of the second season takes place in a school shooting. The entire episode was pretty intense and well done!

Utopia - This show is bloody brilliant! The show is so quirky, vibrant and colorful with an amazing soundtrack and memorable characters. I could see why this show is a cult classic.

No prob man. Yes that 19-2 episode was really good.

I will probably give a try to Utopia since you liked it.

Btw, yesterday i watched Ballers season 1 in one sitting. I liked it! Very much like Entourage, but I still enjoyed it! You just need to put you brain off :yo:

I rewatched the entire serie after the season 4 and it helped me a lot. I was so confused on my first time watching because of all the characters and the complex storyline. I catched up a lot of things watching it a second time (like that the Commander of the night watch was Jorah father). And there is a lot of scenes who are better when you watch it a second time because you understand all the implication (like when Catelyn talk to Robb's wife about Jon Snow).

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
RE: Utopia - Thanks guys

Just received a notification that Season 2 of Mr. Robot is premiering on July 13th.

Now, this is one series I'm anticipating the most in 2016. Don't think it's close either.

"Parts Unknown" that begins in four days is probably in second place at this point. Pending more information on some of the other series this year. People will be watching GoT but I'll be watching this come 24th.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I have a friend who binge-watches all the previous seasons, just before a new season begins.

He says there are so many elements that escape you, that make it worthwhile to revisit.

Just what I needed, more time spent binge-watching. :laugh:

lol i do this before every season as well..but the seasons are piling on lol..ill just watch season 5 again

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Someone please think of the children and start a new thread already.

I'm too lazy. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad