OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Watched Scott Cooper's Black Mass & Out of the Furnace today. Both were alright, but nothing that will stay with me for a long time. I wasn't in love with Crazy Heart either to be honest. Still, not a bad start to Cooper's directing career so far. Definitely an improvement on his acting days.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I finished Better Call Saul yesterday, as W7 said it might end up being better than Breaking Bad in the long run, which is insane to me...

I also watched Evil Dead 2 and boy how did I miss that in my life, that was innnncreeedible

Mad Brills*

I finished Better Call Saul yesterday, as W7 said it might end up being better than Breaking Bad in the long run, which is insane to me...

I also watched Evil Dead 2 and boy how did I miss that in my life, that was innnncreeedible

How many seasons is saul supposed to be on for? Until they get to the part where he meets Walter White?

Alex514

May 10, 2015
I loved last nights episode of Walking Dead.

Agreed! Very good and intense.

That being said, I am sick and tired of this always revolving around some psychopath rival human gangs.

Travel 5km , setup camp, confront other humans, go on the run for another 5-10km, setup camp....... wash, rinse and repeat.

I'd like to see them travel more, search for .gov, search for the anwsers, ....

If they don't change their formula this season, I will ditch this show for sure.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The first season was gold.

Not sure I'd say it's on Breaking Bad's level yet, but the potential is there.

Better Call Saul season 1 was probably better than Breaking Bad season 1 and 2, maybe 3?

4 and 5 are untouchable IMO though

Mad Brills*

Better Call Saul season 1 was probably better than Breaking Bad season 1 and 2, maybe 3?

4 and 5 are untouchable IMO though

Season 5 episodes 1-8 were incredible, including the train robbery.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I can't stand watching dubbed version of movies after getting used to the actors' real voice in the originals.

I try not to watch movies dubbed if I can understand it in its original form.
A rare few movies are better/watchable dubbed, usually when it's done in Québec.

Star Wars saga, Shawshank Redemption, Goon, Slapshot saga.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I try not to watch movies dubbed if I can understand it in its original form.
A rare few movies are better/watchable dubbed, usually when it's done in Québec.

Star Wars saga, Shawshank Redemption, Goon, Slapshot saga.

Star Wars? Shawshank? Nah not at all. Slapshot in French for sure also Christmas Vacation in French.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Better call Saul is a great hit. Awesome show

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Wow, is better call saul really that good?

Damn.

yup.

first season starts off really slow, but by episode 7-8, my brains is fried its so damn good

and Sunshine wasn't really that good. it required too much suspension of disbelief for me to thoroughly enjoy it. and why did they have to go full Event Horizon in the second half exactly?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
yup.

first season starts off really slow, but by episode 7-8, my brains is fried its so damn good

and Sunshine wasn't really that good. it required too much suspension of disbelief for me to thoroughly enjoy it. and why did they have to go full Event Horizon in the second half exactly?
Damn. I watched episode 1, wasn't a big fan, decided it was going to be a boring spin-off like there have been many and moved on.

Seems like I really need to revisit!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I can't stand watching dubbed version of movies after getting used to the actors' real voice in the originals.

I don't have any problem with the dubbed version of Jaden Smith. Jar Jar was also getting on my nerves less in french dunno what.

But yeah i never watch dubbed movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad