Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yves Corbeil

Good to see he got another gig:)
upload_2020-10-1_15-29-6.jpeg

Wasn't dumping on the guy,good for him,just no movie/show should be dubbed,subtitles are best. You just can not replicate tone,nuances that lend an aspect to what you're watching,loses something. Saw Das Boot,which was great,but dubbed,couldn't take it.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Haven't seen many,but enjoyed Wallender which I believe is Brit made. The Bridge was good with the subtitles,much prefer subtitles over dubbing any day. Nothing tops hearing Schwarzenegger in the Terminator dubbed in French.:biglaugh:

They made Swedish versions as well of Wallander. When I was a kid and we went on vacation to Spain I remember watching the Western Series Gunsmoke and they all spoke Spanish. :)

Reactions: angusyoung

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Was the Swedish version first by any chance? Gunsmoke in Spanish,such a treat!

The Swedish version was first but there were also more series done in Swedish after the BBC one was done. Can't be that many more though since the author died in 2015. Weird he though he a had a disc that had slipped and it was a tumor in the lung and another in his neck (which is where he thought he was injured) and since to his knowledge nobody in his family had died from cancer it was very unexpected.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
van der Valk is a reboot from the 70's when it was also partially filmed in Amsterdam and they wanted to recreate the same thing. The actor from the original van der Valk is the killer from Hitchcock's ''Frenzy'' spoiler alert!:)

As a Dutchman I can tell you that it took getting used to it. Not close at all how Dutch people behave,speak etc. They even had them drinking beer from bottles!!!! I read some reviews from the Dutch and they are not fans,but I thought it was fine when acclimated to it. Probably the same for most people seeing their homeland portrayed not the way that it is,but outsiders probably do not notice such idiosyncrasies and nuances etc.

That is what I figured. It must be frustrating to watch. I'm guessing they made it for a British market and made it in Amsterdam to keep the exotism for the British viewers, right. But not very sensitive for Dutch people. I had a similar feeling the way they portrayed French settlers during the movie "The Revenant". There's a famous actor from Quebec who chose to not be in the movie where he heard how his character would be portrayed.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That is what I figured. It must be frustrating to watch. I'm guessing they made it for a British market and made it in Amsterdam to keep the exotism for the British viewers, right. But not very sensitive for Dutch people. I had a similar feeling the way they portrayed French settlers during the movie "The Revenant". There's a famous actor from Quebec who chose to not be in the movie where he heard how his character would be portrayed.

Don't remember Revenant that much,you recall the character? might check it out again.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Don't remember Revenant that much,you recall the character? might check it out again.

I don't remember too much from it, probably one of the few French characters.

I'm betting it's Edgar... doing the 'popping'

Yea that's a good guess. Stormfront and Homelander didn't seem to be aware of it. I would love if it was Edgar doing this and it would be like him putting his foot down saying to Stormfront and Homelander:"alright kids I did this to clean up your mess, stop with the bullshit".

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Might be. But I thought she would have the political know-how to do something like that. It feels like it's something that was done to shut people up.

Somehow I think the Church of the Collective, Cindy, and Edgar are involved in what happened at the end of the episode. Especially with Shockwave being killed. I’m guessing Cindy was used for CIA agent Susan Raynor as well.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You guys sure it was Edgar and not the woman from the mental hospital?

Why would she stop a congressional hearing meant to slap the very company which was keeping her locked-up and experimented on her?

At the very least, Edgar ordered what happened.

Pretty sure Edgar has powers. He'll be the antagonist for season 3 or 4.

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Why would she stop a congressional hearing meant to slap the very company which was keeping her locked-up and experimented on her?

Pretty sure Edgar has powers. He'll be the antagonist for season 3 or 4.

That would be interesting.

On that note Giancarlo Esposito seems to be a villain in a lot of shows I like. Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Mandalorian, and this one.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Somehow I think the Church of the Collective, Cindy, and Edgar are involved in what happened at the end of the episode. Especially with Shockwave being killed. I’m guessing Cindy was used for CIA agent Susan Raynor as well.

Umm that would be interesting. Like the CIA woman said in the first episode about there might be a "coup from the the inside".

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The season finale of Raised by Wolves was quite bizarre, but I see where they're going with all of this. Scott is really obsessed with ancient alien theories of aliens creating religions and humanity.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Big boy! would make a lot of hats:)

images

They use black bears for these, the brown ones are too dangerous. Even as a hat they can attack you. Btw, it's the Fat Bear Week at Brooks Falls Katmai National Park. My boy 747 from the picture is in the final which is on Wednesday. He should have won it in 2018 but there are so many female YT bear viewers and they tend to select a female bear or sow as they are called (males are boars). Tomorrow is the semifinal between Chunk (male) a Grazer (female).
747 is approx 1400 pounds, how much does a small car weigh?

I must say I like Chunk a lot, he is a fun bear to watch. He likes to play even though he is a mature boar. He has the biggest arse of the boars.

images

Grazer is called that because she's the most aggressive female and often attacks other bears that come too close to her cubs. Here you can see how much weight she has put on since late June. However since she has to nurse her cub she is less fat than if not so she should not win. Either 747 or Chunk but you never know when it comes to bear politics. :)

upload_2020-10-5_13-6-4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad