OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Invisible guest was really great

I mostly enjoyed it. I thought there were a lot of loopholes and convenient coincidences that kind of threw me off and caused me to lose interest at some junctures.

Reactions: groovejuice

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
YES! Now I have a reason to wear my Stormtrooper outfit while watching TV.

I hope it's good.
I really hope it's good.
I really really really hope it's good.

Too many deceptions with Star Wars stuff over the last years. I'm already expecting to be disappointed by The Rise of the Dumbsh**

(Disney+ though)

Reactions: sandviper

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
This is such a useless. unedifying thread! Delete it! I'm looking for info about the Canadiens. Where will I find it, in the Toronto Globe and Mail?

Reactions: Bask

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I hope it's good.
I really hope it's good.
I really really really hope it's good.

Too many deceptions with Star Wars stuff over the last years. I'm already expecting to be disappointed by The Rise of the Dumbsh**

(Disney+ though)

At least looking at the trailer it doesn't look like JJ Abrams is involved into it.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
At least looking at the trailer it doesn't look like JJ Abrams is involved into it.

For sure. Jon Favreau is the main producer. The first episode is directed by a guy who's been writer for most Star Wars cartoon shows over the last years (he also directs another episode). There's another episode directed by Bryce Dallas Howard (the actress in the last Jurassic movies) and another one by Taika Waititi (director of Thor: Ragnarok and the next Thor). There's some hope I guess. Still. I don't know if I'll take on Disney+ or find the episodes somewhere else on the net

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Affair is starting its S5 tonight, sadly its final season.

If you haven’t been following it, do yourself a favor and binge watch it — it’s one of HBO’s best series hands down.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Also noticing a new series starting at 10PM tonight on HBO — On becoming a God in Florida. Reviews are on the positive side. Might be worth looking into. I’m going to give it a shot and reassess.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Also noticing a new series starting at 10PM tonight on HBO — On becoming a God in Florida. Reviews are on the positive side. Might be worth looking into. I’m going to give it a shot and reassess.
With Kirsten Dunst, I'd say it was worth a look. :nod:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not sure what this is or where it's supposed to be going but it has my attention. On Crave beginning Sept. 27th:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not sure what this is or where it's supposed to be going but it has my attention. On Crave beginning Sept. 27th:

Was interesting until the “they have dad part..Went down for me after that. Crypto currency tech genius will load up some guns, take on the mob and save the day?...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
So... there's that cool Mandalorian trailer... and then there's this new Rise of Skywalker trailer.

I don't even want to link it.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
So... there's that cool Mandalorian trailer... and then there's this new Rise of Skywalker trailer.

I don't even want to link it.

:laugh:

man idk this is the most excited i've been for Star Wars since TFA

... but for very different reasons

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was interesting until the “they have dad part..Went down for me after that. Crypto currency tech genius will load up some guns, take on the mob and save the day?...

Well it wouldn't be a complete Murican series without resorting to guns, bombs and violence.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This is such a useless. unedifying thread! Delete it! I'm looking for info about the Canadiens. Where will I find it, in the Toronto Globe and Mail?

Why would you choose Globe and Mail when there are such fine print publications all the hip folks are getting their up-to-date Habs info in?

cut.jpg

1917_habs_nha_champs_again.jpg

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad