OT: Lets Go Birds! (All Baseball Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
What say you, @Stupendous Yappi?

We all know how much you love baseball, especially the Cardinals?
Why you have to drag me into this thread. I’ve been keeping my peace.

I actually thought it was funny at how negative all the comments here were early in the season. I don’t follow it, but looked to see who was in the postseason and was surprised to see St Louis in, and the Cubs were out. With the Cup win, I don’t begrudge the Cardinals their spotlight. Good luck to them, but I still just don’t really care.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
A Cubs vs Cards schism in the Blues fandom?

My mother in law is a big Cubs fan, hates the Cardinals, but loves the Blues. Go figure.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Why you have to drag me into this thread. I’ve been keeping my peace.

I actually thought it was funny at how negative all the comments here were early in the season. I don’t follow it, but looked to see who was in the postseason and was surprised to see St Louis in, and the Cubs were out. With the Cup win, I don’t begrudge the Cardinals their spotlight. Good luck to them, but I still just don’t really care.
Sorry. Had to do it.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Game 3 , I'd start Martinez in right and put Edman at 3rd; bench Carp (or leave him in St. Louis) and put Edman at lead-off.

so I see Shildt didn't have the stones to bat Edman at lead-off. Inexcusable to let an .069 hitter start things off.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Shildt and the Cardinals front office:

tumblr_lrj2x7vfYP1qaijfbo2_500.png

Reactions: The Note

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
So NOW Mike Shildt moves Fowler out and Edman at the top. Nothing like waiting until literally the last minute.

Guess he's a little slow on the up-take.... but at least its something different. However, I would still have kept Wong in the #2 spot for the option of playing some 'small ball' to set the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad