Pre-Game Talk: Lers vs Leafs - Jan 4, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Literally no one is arguing his skill-level. Thats not changing anytime soon. Koski didnt hold a gun to Chia's head to give him the contract and he didnt force Holland not to address the goalie situation when Koski/Smith when it clearly wasnt going to work.

We knew he wasnt good, tipp knew he wasnt good and Holland didnt know he was good. Yet he was put in a spot where we relied on him terribly. Whos fault is that?

Its like blaming a back up QB for not running an nfl offence as good as starter.

Give me a break. Did you even watch the first 5 minutes? It was mind numbing how stupid Koskinen was. Beer league goalies don’t f*** up like that.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Koskinen knew the game plan was to play safe. What does the moron do? 15 seconds in he gives the Rangers an uncontested powerplay. A few minutes after that he fumbles a play for puck in an area he can’t even play a puck in and the Rangers score. He f***ed up royally.

Tippett has called out Yamo and Kassian for taking dumb penalties. This is the pros. Grab a Kleenex if your a player and get hurt feelings because if your that mentally weak you should be playing in some beer league in Romania.

I am all for calling out players in the right situation. You cant blame a player for not succeeding in an impossible situation that the GM & Coach created for him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Give me a break. Did you even watch the first 5 minutes? It was mind numbing how stupid Koskinen was. Beer league goalies don’t f*** up like that.

Yes it was bad. Everyone in the media, every player and Koski knew that.

You dont have to skewer him in the media for the very obvious mistake he made.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Koskinen knew the game plan was to play safe. What does the moron do? 15 seconds in he gives the Rangers an uncontested powerplay. A few minutes after that he fumbles a play for puck in an area he can’t even play a puck in and the Rangers score. He f***ed up royally.

Tippett has called out Yamo and Kassian for taking dumb penalties. This is the pros. Grab a Kleenex if your a player and get hurt feelings because if your that mentally weak you should be playing in some beer league in Romania.

This is the context that matters. Koski made the egregious errors in a game in which his team badly needed a boost, and to get some confidence and wind under its wings. Its almost always a goalie playing well that backstops a team out of a slump. You want at least a strong start from your goalie. Instead....

Guess what the Oilers looked like from that point, until McLeod scored and sparked some life into the team, only to have it pissed on again by Koskinens continued substandard goaltending.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am all for calling out players in the right situation. You cant blame a player for not succeeding in an impossible situation that the GM & Coach created for him.

Impossible? Firing a puck over the glass 15 seconds in and then trying to play a puck in the trapezoid? f*** even the PBP guys from NY we’re calling him out. Analysists country wide yesterday were calling him out.

Give me a break. The NHL is not the Hurt Feelings League.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Don't want to dispute the first half as Koskinen blew that game royally putting Edmonton back on their heels for most of the 1st after that putrid start and they never recovered enough to do anything about it. But re-read the full quote from Koskinen instead of the snippet, his response did not come across mentally weak at all it was pretty balanced.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Never too late to call that idiot out.

He could have grown a pair about a million other things too, but he usually just coddles the team, especially his favourites. Sounds like some posters here (not you)

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
It appears Koskinen's quote was the one taken out of context, not Tippett's

To summarize:

If Smith was asked the exact same questions, he basically would have said the same thing but with a whole lot of snarl.

Amazing how misleading the first translation was, maybe intentional as the difference is so big. As a Finn I can guarantee the way he speaks about is is nothing, something that most goalies probably would've said. Some with more passion maybe.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don't want to dispute the first half as Koskinen blew that game royally putting Edmonton back on their heels for most of the 1st after that putrid start and they never recovered enough to do anything about it. But re-read the full quote from Koskinen instead of the snippet, his response did not come across mentally weak at all it was pretty balanced.

I could care less what he said. He’s crap and shouldn’t be in this league.

If this were the NFL he’d had his contract terminated and his coach would have ripped him from stem to stern postgame.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He could have grown a pair about a million other things too, but he usually just coddles the team, especially his favourites. Sounds like some posters here (not you)

He called out Kassian and Yamo. Don’t deny he has his favourites and not defending him. He needs to go. But I will defend what he did. It’s high time someone did.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I have no problem with Tippett calling out Koskinen. But if you're going to do it then call out all the shitty plays by your players.

The selective nature of it is bullshit.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Drai and Pulju had some great chemistry when they were together in the 2nd line so it's a shame if they're not playing together as it looks like. Hyman and Puljujarvi are a bit similar players in their roles so I'd thought they'd had a perfect chance to try Drai and Pulju with someone else instead of McDavid.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Absolutely hilarious to read posts defending Koskinen, he’s been garbage since day one and never should have been re-signed to that starters contract. Kudos to Tippett for finally calling him out

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Impossible? Firing a puck over the glass 15 seconds in and then trying to play a puck in the trapezoid? f*** even the PBP guys from NY we’re calling him out. Analysists country wide yesterday were calling him out.

Give me a break. The NHL is not the Hurt Feelings League.

I am not saying you cannot call out players. When players deserve it they should be called out. But when the whole team has been shit and Koski has been consistently been shit on by the media and fans for multiple weeks, having your coach, the leader of the team, cut you at the knees isnt a good look.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
There were other polls prior. In one it was a deadheat between getting in Babcock or some other sod. I haven't been able to find the particular poll. lol, theres been so many.
I showed you mine, you show me yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark