Pre-Game Talk: Lers vs Leafs - Jan 4, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
We have a 4 day break after the game tomorrow, ample time to get rid of Tippett. A loss could very well be the final straw for him.

Good on McDavid for taking one for the team and sitting out to guarantee a loss.

Reactions: Magnum23

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Im expecting like a 10-0 game so anything better than that is a win in my books #Oilerspositives

Reactions: Faelko

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
I also think the team can do well without McDavid for a game or two as the others probably want to show they can get points without him too. I think this would be a perfect opportunity to try Pulju on McDavid's PP spot, would also be good for the team to see what they've got there, but I have no hopes that Tippett will do this. It'll probably be someone like Turris or Shore instead.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
If anything this will just extend Tippet's tenure. Just another thing to add to this list of why its all not his fault.
I know what you're saying and I agree that it will be used as an excuse, but having McDavid out of the lineup is no excuse to lose a game. The team should be better than that.

I'm pretty sure it would have been a loss with healthy McDavid anyway. The team is in shambles no matter what right now.

Last edited:

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Call me crazy but I see a win coming with 97 out. Other than NJ it's not like he's done a lot lately except skate fast sometimes
Haha, alright.

GifMeme 04012022155353.gif

I hope you're right tho.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
5 days from the last positive test=--we do not know how far into his thing he is

That's not how it works.

Specifics of the changes to the Protocol after a positive test include:
  • Isolate for five days;
  • If the individual has a fever, continue to isolate until their fever resolves;
  • If the individual has no symptoms or their symptoms are resolving after five days, they can leave isolation and return to practices and games, provided the following conditions are met:
    • A lab-based PCR test that is negative, or a lab-based PCR test that has a CT value >30, or two negative molecular point of care tests collected >2 hours apart; and,
    • Medical clearance from the individual's Club physician; and,
    • Such exit is permitted by their local health authority.
    • The individual shall continue to always wear a mask around others for five additional days, other than for practices and games.
All other aspects of the Protocol remain in place.

Reactions: dss97

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Call me crazy but I see a win coming with 97 out. Other than NJ it's not like he's done a lot lately except skate fast sometimes

He’s still over a ppg in this 2-10 stretch. After him and Draisaitl it’s still a ghost town for the rest of the forward group.

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad