Pre-Game Talk: Lers vs Leafs - Jan 4, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
A good coach doesn't shit on his players during a media conference.

He does when he is sending a message to his boss to get him a f***ing goalie. Koskinen can f*** off. He is total shit and should be a 3rd stringer.

Holland can f*** off for letting this get to this stage as well. He should have bought out Koskinen and not Neal.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No one has said anything about Koskinens world class shitty goaltending until now. He's been garbage his whole time here. He gets called out once and he's having a temper tantrum lmao

Read the actual quote instead of the sensationalized snippet. What Koskinen said was completely fine in response to the criticisms from Dave the night before. I'd suggest reversed roles with Smith in the same situation you would have seen much more colorful language.

And this isn't meant as a defense of Kosko's goaltending as I'm not a fan of that either.

Reactions: Anemia and TB12

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
No one has said anything about Koskinens world class shitty goaltending until now. He's been garbage his whole time here. He gets called out once and he's having a temper tantrum lmao

In what world is Koski having a temper tantrum? lol

His comments from the actual translations were extremely measured considering the situation.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Gonna get killed. Might watch this one just for the laughs.

That said it would be a glorious day to beat the Leafs with this lineup. It would be like Carolina beating the Leafs with a Zamboni driver in net.

So….LETS GO OILERS!!

Bensons reward for playing his best game... play 5 minutes with Shore and Kassian

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Smith basically cost us the game against the Devils and not a peep from Dave or anyone else. Wonder why...

Smith has played 2 games since his injury and he actually was a top 10 goalie last year. Koskinen has been garbage his whole time here

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Read the actual quote instead of the sensationalized snippet. What Koskinen said was completely fine in response to the criticisms from Dave the night before. I'd suggest reversed roles with Smith in the same situation you would have seen much more colorful language.

And this isn't meant as a defense of Kosko's goaltending as I'm not a fan of that either.

Then which idiot in the media exaggerated what he said?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bensons reward for playing his best game... play 5 minutes with Shore and Kassian

Looks like the 3rd line so should get 10-13 minutes. I’d say on the higher end because no McDavid. Draisaitl with 28 minutes tonight though however he can sleep for 4 days solid after tonight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Its funny here that the first posters to call out Tippett on his comments are the ones who would blame Cancer and Global warming on Tippett and who would say things like people are too soft to take criticism now. Gee, so Koskinen got called out, why the f*** not? You do this for a number of reasons and one of which is to wake up the Management that we damn well need a goalie.

The whole board rips Koskinen. But, oh, when Tippett does it...

Half of the fire tippett crowd want Badcock in instead lololol. Yeah I could see him being real nice. asking the lineup to sign off on what they think of their goalie..

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Its funny here that the first posters to call out Tippett on his comments are the ones who would blame Cancer and Global warming on Tippett and who would say things like people are too soft to take criticism now. Gee, so Koskinen got called out, why the f*** not? You do this for a number of reasons and one of which is to wake up the Management that we damn well need a goalie.

Half of the fire tippett crowd want Badcock in instead lololol. Yeah I could see him being real nice. asking the lineup to sign off on what they think of their goalie..

Uhh if you cant see the difference between a coach ripping his goalie in the media in the middle of a 10 game losing streak and fans complaining on twitter/HF... I dont know what to say to you.

And I am 100% confident that its not even close to 50% wanting Babcock.

Reactions: Anemia and Czechboy

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Yup exactly.

A lot of posters want a much tougher harder “SyStEmS” coach but the second Tippett tells the truth about his useless goalie he’s fried for it.

Laughable.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He does when he is sending a message to his boss to get him a f***ing goalie. Koskinen can f*** off. He is total shit and should be a 3rd stringer.

Holland can f*** off for letting this get to this stage as well. He should have bought out Koskinen and not Neal.

Bang. Totally agreed. This is directed at Holland as much as its directed at Koskinen and most coaches would have said this long ago. Tippett was actually patient. There was a lot of other times when people were burning Koskinen where he was deflecting criticism from the goalie.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Then which idiot in the media exaggerated what he said?

It wasn't an exaggeration but rather convenient snippet of a larger quote which apparently the person who started this has a reputation for doing (I believe they did the same with past JP quotes as well).

The full quote was:

This is how it usually goes in this line of business. When the team is doing badly, either the coach or the goalie is sacrificed. It doesn’t feel nice to anyone to be thrown under the bus, but I had no big emotions about the things coach said. One just has to keep on going (towards the next game).”

”There wasn’t any critique early in the season, but now it rains from everywhere, because I have lost six games consecutively.

People here are passionate (get nervous) because everyone follows closely our actions. Each situation and goal is carefully analyzed. This is the way it is here because hockey creates so much emotion and passion in people.

I want to also say that in all those six games I lost our team was able to score seven goals. I am not able to score, so it is not only up to the goalie if the team wins or loses. We need to play better as a team.

He abridged it to:

It’s not nice being thrown under the bus. I have to be better but at the same time we scored 7 goals in my last 6 losses. I can’t score goals.”

Reactions: TB12

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
It wasn't an exaggeration but rather convenient snippet of a larger quote which apparently the person who started this has a reputation for doing (I believe they did the same with past JP quotes as well).

The full quote was:

He abridged it to:
Well what Koski said is actually pretty classy. Why was that abridged lol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Uhh if you cant see the difference between a coach ripping his goalie in the media in the middle of a 10 game losing streak and fans complaining on twitter/HF... I dont know what to say to you.

And I am 100% confident that its not even close to 50% wanting Babcock.

His useless backup goalie is 50% of the reason we’re in a 10 game losing streak.

Holland gambled and lost.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Yup exactly.

A lot of posters want a much tougher harder “SyStEmS” coach but the second Tippett tells the truth about his useless goalie he’s fried for it.

Laughable.

It’s unprofessional. You address this shit in private. He could have shown frustration and said, no comment. 80% of communication is non verbal anyhow, everyone would have known. You don’t literally say it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yup exactly.

Laughable.

Thats the thing. Wanting to fire the coach is one thing. The specious reasons for it are laughable. They'll jump on anything.

Perlini ain't playing-fire the coach
Perlini is playing-fire the coach
Perlini is an Oiler and its Tippetts fault.-Fire the coach

Some of the posters here have said all the above hoping nobody notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad