Prospect Info: Leon Draisaitl: Memorial Cup MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
He is (1) moving his feet much, much better - much of last year it looked like he wasn't skating at all, then he'd try to get up to speed and it would take too long; (2) he is moving to empty space much better.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Haven't seen much lately from Flames fans on how the Oilers took the wrong guy because Bennett is so much better than Drai.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Haven't seen much lately from Flames fans on how the Oilers took the wrong guy because Bennett is so much better than Drai.

Their arrogance during the offseason has toned down. No blackhawk players/team reference, no best d in the league, etc. Good riddance.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Bennett 11 pts in 18 games and a -2

Draisaitl has 13 pts in 8 games and is a +6

If Drai was able to win the Calder he would be 3rd in points.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Bennett 11 pts in 18 games and a -2

Draisaitl has 13 pts in 8 games and is a +6

If Drai was able to win the Calder he would be 3rd in points.

I love Drai and we're lucky to have him. However, as much as I hate the Flamers, I believe Bennett is going to be a hell of a player.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I love Drai and we're lucky to have him. However, as much as I hate the Flamers, I believe Bennett is going to be a hell of a player.

Ya, as long as Bennett can stay healthy, he's going to be a very good player. My stance was that the draft had a star #1 dman, and then 3 high end #2Cs. I'm starting to think Draisaitl and Bennett both have more upside than that though. Especially Drai

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Ya, as long as Bennett can stay healthy, he's going to be a very good player. My stance was that the draft had a star #1 dman, and then 3 high end #2Cs. I'm starting to think Draisaitl and Bennett both have more upside than that though. Especially Drai

Yeah. I think both teams have the right to argue that their player will be better down the road. Truth is, Bennett is a better fit there, and Drai is better here.

I think both will be better than Reinhart

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
At this point with LD I don't even care if Bennett becomes the next gilmour. Draisaitl is such a perfect fit with super high upside and will be one of the most coveted forwards in the game with his size and skill. Wish all the best for Bennett and he could very well end up better, but man LD is a beast!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

Agreed, and I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. It's just that Drai will also be a great player and he's more the kind of player we needed at the time than Bennett was, so it was a good choice.

Someone remind me, who was that Anaheim player Drai raced to the puck to help set up that OT goal?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Agreed, and I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. It's just that Drai will also be a great player and he's more the kind of player we needed at the time than Bennett was, so it was a good choice.

Someone remind me, who was that Anaheim player Drai raced to the puck to help set up that OT goal?

That was Cam Fowler.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Both teams are happy with who they got... Bennett playing behind Monahan works in cow town.
Draisiatl playing behind McDavid works great for Oil.

Not sure how I wouldve felt McDavid\Bennett going head to head against Monahan\Draisaitl for the next 10 yrs.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yeah. I think both teams have the right to argue that their player will be better down the road. Truth is, Bennett is a better fit there, and Drai is better here.

I think both will be better than Reinhart

I think Reinhart is underrated. I've only watched odds and ends of Buffalo games and definitely Nuge is good comparison. He would not be a good fit with RNH + McDavid in the lineup.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Like I said in the LA post-game thread earlier, I was elated when I saw Draisaitl hold off a few Kings' players in the offensive zone along the boards to create a few scoring chances. It is like getting the first punch in against a bully. They may have lost the game/battle, but Draisaitl provided actual evidence that the Oilers will one day be able to grind back against teams like LA (and others), which is a must for success in the Western Conference.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Like I said in the LA post-game thread earlier, I was elated when I saw Draisaitl hold off a few Kings' players in the offensive zone along the boards to create a few scoring chances. It is like getting the first punch in against a bully. They may have lost the game/battle, but Draisaitl provided actual evidence that the Oilers will one day be able to grind back against teams like LA (and others), which is a must for success in the Western Conference.

I'm sorry, but you should have your avatar photoshopped a bit to have Messier's head pop up behind Connor and Gretzky's sholders, almost doing a photo bomb LOL :laugh:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm sorry, but you should have your avatar photoshopped a bit to have Messier's head pop up behind Connor and Gretzky's sholders, almost doing a photo bomb LOL :laugh:

Not living in Alberta I have only gotten a glimpse of the Messier-McDavid commercials when Center Ice favors me with a Sportnet/CBC broadcast. Are these commercials that annoying already?

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Not living in Alberta I have only gotten a glimpse of the Messier-McDavid commercials when Center Ice favors me with a Sportnet/CBC broadcast. Are these commercials that annoying already?

They're constantly playing them during every commercial break, its just gotten old and feels like our frustration is being mocked.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Messier seems like a loser with no life or friends.

I don't really get the point of them.

Connor looks annoyed and Messier has some sort of stalker/pedophile look on his face.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Media should start asking McDavid about Draisiatl's play after every game.
Return the favor :)

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
OXqdfe1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad