Lehner first goalie off ice at Golden Knights' skate, appears to be Game 4 starter

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Lehner got destroyed game 1 in Colorado, but fleurry hasn't really been sharp overall. He was great in the first few games of wild series, but mediocre after that, and was rarely tested in avs series and had a mediocre game although he had 1 or 2 sharp games.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
Identical to the Pens 2017 cup run. Fleury won two rounds vs great team and meets a much less opponent in the Ottawa Senators. Pens skate circles around Sens and are down 2-1 after three games. Sullivan goes with a healthy Murray and Pens win the cup. It was the right call then and is the right call now. Fleury cannot be trusted vs teams where the workload is lackluster.

It's gonna be sad if Vegas wins the cup and Lehner is the starter though. Fleury just can't do it himself since 2009. That has to really hurt him. To only be on the ice for 1 of 4 cups he's won has to suck.
Is he really a hall of fame goalie if this ends up being the case?

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Lenher has been solid, but Knights are playing a much, much tighter defensive game.

The single goal is still on a breakaway. Again, Habs managed to outhustle the Knights and convert.

Reactions: dalewood12

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Lehner and Fleury are both great. That is the strength of Vegas. If they advance to the Finals and Lehner has a bad game, they can go back to Fleury. Or maybe they can do that later in this series perhaps. They're both reliable and they both give each other time to rest.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
If this is true, I honestly hope the Habs win this series so Deboer gets fired. If Lehner all of a sudden becomes the savior, everyone can feel free to come in here and let me know that this is why I’ll be nothing more than a HFBoards GM/Coach.

eating-crow.jpg

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Is he really a hall of fame goalie if this ends up being the case?

I dont understand why he has a better case than someone like Vernon who was very inconsistent. People like to transpose how great Fleury has played in Vegas back across his entire career with Pittsburgh. Its almost like 2009-2013 ( 4 straight playoffs of sub .900 Save %) never happened.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If Vegas wins this with Lehner, every team should be trying to acquire Fleury to only play him for the first three games of a playoff series.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad