Lehner first goalie off ice at Golden Knights' skate, appears to be Game 4 starter

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Lehner must be hard to deal with. I get the mental health stuff and it sucks....but it seems whenever he talks, it's some negative spin - must be tiring.
Not justifying it, but I agree with you that lehner will always have haters looking to jump him when he has a bad game because of the way he expresses himself.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Clearly, you are just a fleury fan.

Fleury was probably the best goalie in the league this year, but if you want to say lehner was protected more than fleury in game 3 to dominate is lehners play, your delusional.

Vegas dominated game 3, they only gave up 8 shots in the first 2 periods although 1 was a breakaway goal. They could not have sheltered fleury more than they did that game. Yes they completely screwed up in overtime, and there was nothing fleury could have done on that overtime goal,, but mistakes happen. No defense gives up 0 chances a game.

They gave up several breakaways in game 4 as well as more shots overall.

Lehner played great, but clearly your loyalty is to fleury. The high danger chances in game 4 were 17-2 canadians. High danger chances were 13-10 Golden Knights in game 3.
For that matter, they were 15-9 canadians in game 2, and 19-14 golden knights in game 1.

Lehner stole that game 4. It was the worst game the knights played all series and he faced more high danger chances than fleurry did in any game.

You will not find anyone other than fleury loyalists who hate lehner on your fanbase who will agree with you that the knights defense played better in game 4. Fans of all 29 other teams watching will all say lehner stole that game.

You clearly are not objective about this.

I don't give a shit about Fleury man. I just call them like I see them.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
He had helluva game. Good for him.

Winning a game against Montreal is not what the ambitions of that team should be.

Do you really think any team in the Stanley Cup Finals think like this?
Especially against a team that's already won 2 series in upset fashion.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Not justifying it, but I agree with you that lehner will always have haters looking to jump him when he has a bad game because of the way he expresses himself.
Yeah, it's too bad.
I do like that he can be "real" about it. Assuming that's what helps him deal with all the stressors this line of business brings. But under the same premise (speaking real) - he sounds like a bummer most of the time (We all have those types, and it can cause ppl to drift away from friendships)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Didnt think goaltending was an issue....Cracking the habs defense in front of Price to gain extra chances is more of what I have been seeing

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Knights didn't seem the same last night. They put only 21 shots on Price, compared to 45 in the game before (which went 11 minutes longer, but that doesn't come close to explaining the difference). In the two games before that, they put 30 and 31 shots on Price. More than that, they just didn't seem to me to have their usual spark. It could've been because they were rattled by the way that they lost Game 3, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that they simply play better in front of Fleury (which is also supported by the regular season stats). After all, he's been the heart of the team since its inception. I think that I'd go back to Fleury in the hope that there's something to that and that it motivates them.

Reactions: authentic

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Winning a game against Montreal is not what the ambitions of that team should be.

What a sore winner entitlement mentality

If the Knights have any actual guts, they are 100% aiming at beating the Habs, and they don't give a shit of what happens after. Because they can worry about later later

Right now, their sole ambitions should be beating the team in front of them, and being goddam happy if they do it. You don't start playing mind games about if you "should have" beaten them.

Theres no f***ing cup for the team who "should have won the playoffs"

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Surprised Vegas made the swap/acknowledged Fleury was giving Montreal a chance to win so fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad