Lehner first goalie off ice at Golden Knights' skate, appears to be Game 4 starter

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Strange move. Take away the gaffe goal, Price has let it more stoppable goals than MAF, IMO. Even last game they were even with that mid-range shot Price let in. MAF stoned the Habs in the first game and Price lets in a point shot with a long screen (he should've picked up the puck, had enough space to do so, IMO). So I really don't know about this move. But I guess as others have said, besides not going for the bank all game on MAF, this probably won't change how the Habs prepare.

Price has let more stoppable goals than Fleury, but Price also stopped more "sure" goals than Fleury

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
upload_2021-6-20_18-7-50.png

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Like Toronto

Yup. The question then is, do you think either the Habs would collapse like the Leafs, or the Knights would suddenly have a shine of self-discovery like the Habs did?

Knights are as confident in themselves as they could be. The semi-finals is not the moment to have a journey of self discovery. That's round 1 bullshit.

All in all, Vegas are in a better situation if they win tonight game, and they are in a worst situation if they lose it.

Period.

There's no "oh with their back to the wall then they will really start to play".

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Price has let more stoppable goals than Fleury, but Price also stopped more "sure" goals than Fleury

That was always my beef with Price. He'd make some miraculous saves, and yet, let in some head-shakers. That's why until he actually plays as good as Roy did in the playoffs, I hope he stops the wink showboat stuff. :)

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
That was always my beef with Price. He'd make some miraculous saves, and yet, let in some head-shakers. That's why until he actually plays as good as Roy did in the playoffs, I hope he stops the wink showboat stuff. :)

All goalies let in softies at times.. Memory has the funny trick of making us forget them when we win big.

Even Roy had the occasional bad goal. A great goaltender know how not to let them go to their head and lose their focus. Roy just raged in his focus. Price is extremely zen about it.

Good team also don't let a softy by their goalie go to their head. They have to trust in their team.

A good team also knows their goalie won't be angry at them for making a defensive mistake and leaving them out to dry.

It's all about maturity as a team, and trusting one other. Fleury doesn't have that. Price does.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Montreal seems to be wrecking and ruining everything and everyone in their path these playoffs.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
DeBoer is an idiot if this is because of last game. You shouldn't insult your #1 like this because of one play.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
All goalies let in softies at times.. Memory has the funny trick of making us forget them when we win big.

Even Roy had the occasional bad goal. A great goaltender know how not to let them go to their head and lose their focus. Roy just raged in his focus. Price is extremely zen about it.

Good team also don't let a softy by their goalie go to their head. They have to trust in their team.

A good team also knows their goalie won't be angry at them for making a defensive mistake and leaving them out to dry.

It's all about maturity as a team, and trusting one other. Fleury doesn't have that. Price does.
It's mostly about their team bailing out the bad goals. The 2-1 goal vs price was horrible and would have been an awful GWG. MTL ties it and wins so no one cares. If LV wins in OT then the MAF goal is just a funny misplay instead of a game losing play.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
It's mostly about their team bailing out the bad goals. The 2-1 goal vs price was horrible and would have been an awful GWG. MTL ties it and wins so no one cares. If LV wins in OT then the MAF goal is just a funny misplay instead of a game losing play.

I can agree with that. But Vegas wasn't playing to redeem Fleury 's bad goal

They just let him to dry

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Might pay off. Lehner is likely super motivated, and Fleury seems like the kind of guy who is down on himself too much in these situations.

Reactions: Sentinel

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Identical to the Pens 2017 cup run. Fleury won two rounds vs great team and meets a much less opponent in the Ottawa Senators. Pens skate circles around Sens and are down 2-1 after three games. Sullivan goes with a healthy Murray and Pens win the cup. It was the right call then and is the right call now. Fleury cannot be trusted vs teams where the workload is lackluster.

It's gonna be sad if Vegas wins the cup and Lehner is the starter though. Fleury just can't do it himself since 2009. That has to really hurt him. To only be on the ice for 1 of 4 cups he's won has to suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad