Lehner first goalie off ice at Golden Knights' skate, appears to be Game 4 starter

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not sure i like this move for Vegas. I'm a big fan of leaner but he's coming in cold.

Fleury didn't have a good game... but he's a pro who knows what it takes to win and has all the motivation to make up for game 3.

This is a serious dice roll in a crucial game.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It almost feels like some organizations really insist on certain players being in certain positions. Like in Vancouver, where Schneider was outplaying Luongo but they kept giving the position to Luongo. It really seems like Vegas is looking for any and all opportunities to make Lehner the starter. Its unfortunate, because even with his flaws, I truly believe MAF gives them the better chance to win.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Probably just giving Fleury a chance to reset and a bit of rest. To my eyes, he's been overreacting and his movement in net is somewhat exaggerated.

Anyway, having Lehner in net shouldn't be a problem. Might give the team some extra motivation because they really hung him out to dry in game 1 VS the Avs.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Ah. First time in your life watching hockey, right?

"goalies shouldn't matter", what a laughable statement

In this specific case.

Both goalies are good and the issue in this serie isn't goaltending. You'd think people on here would have enough brain cells to comprehend.

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
Terrible move if true (unless Fleury’s injured). You don’t f*ck with your starter’s confidence when you’re down 2-1.

Reactions: I am toxic

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
It's a win win for Vegas.

If habs wins, well, it's because deboer and his goalie pick
If the habs loses. Habs can't even beat a washed up goaltender

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Lehner in the Playoffs this year:

upload_2021-6-20_16-7-9.png

Reactions: Nevins

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Vegas is desperate, and the Habs must now smell blood.

Habs in 5

after game 3 i though my god Habs will win this serie in 7 thanks to karma Chris lee ... now if Lehner who play 1 game in a month is in and Vegas Captain Chris ''bad Karma'' Lee play ... Habs in 5

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
As a fan (for the playoffs) of Vegas I can only say I haven't got much confidence in him. Some great saves, a few awful goals and a lot of panic inducing netminding.
I expected MAF to start, might even prefer it, but can't say I find this a weird choice.
Ofc if Lehner plays like last time...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Sounds like Deboer might have choked more than Fleury, prior to his throwing Fleury under the bus after the game:

From NHL.com:

"Those type of events are tough to recover from," Golden Knights coach Peter DeBoer said. "We talked between the third and the overtime about trying to get our mojo back. I didn't think we were poor in overtime, but there's no doubt that carried into the overtime for us a little on the negative side and for sure gave them some pop going out to overtime."

So I guess he decided they lost there "mojo" based on their play in the last under 2 minutes? How would that speech have sounded to the players? To Fleury?

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Strange move. Take away the gaffe goal, Price has let it more stoppable goals than MAF, IMO. Even last game they were even with that mid-range shot Price let in. MAF stoned the Habs in the first game and Price lets in a point shot with a long screen (he should've picked up the puck, had enough space to do so, IMO). So I really don't know about this move. But I guess as others have said, besides not going for the bank all game on MAF, this probably won't change how the Habs prepare.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Weber is probably chomping at the bit to have 3 breakaways on Lehner....:shakehead

Mark this down....HABS DON'T CARE. They will play their game the same way.

You tell em!

You guys are unstoppable.

This is probably the start of a dynasty.

The league is on notice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad