LeftKingers 2 Round Mock Draft

Tilley_

Aug 3, 2005
The Calgary Flames are pleased to select from the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League Michael Grabner.

His offensive talents on RW will fit in nicely with prospects Dustin Boyd and Daniel Ryder. His progress in Spokane will be followed closely by all members of Flames nation.

The Washington Capitals are now on the clock.

edit:spelling

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
The Buffalo Sabres are pround to announce the selection of University of Michigan attendie, defenceman Mark Mitera , 26th overall in the 2006 NHL entry draft.

Selection Breakdown:
Late in the first round, a few wanted players had already been (Williams-23, Wishart-17)...it appeared that Mitera would be a safe pick. At 6'3 and just ove200 lbs, Mitera had a standout season. With excellent defensive instincts, he uses his size to his advantage. Projected to become a defensive d-man, something that is missing in the Sabres line-up.

Other Choices:
At the same time with the Mitera drafting, the Sabres were looking at others still available. One of the biggest was two-way forward Ondrej Fiala. Buffalo has a good crop of forwards, but their two-way defensive group is getting older, Fiala could also have been a smart pick. Alexander Vasyunov was also considered, however focusing on defensive help was the theme today.

The Fuhr*

The Ottawa Senators are proud to select Alexander Vasyunov.

The guy is supremely talented and has been hyped ever since he was a kid, with some saying he is more talented then kovalchuk. but he's got a big attitude along with that skill. We landed havlat at 26 in his draft year because of a bad attitude. Look how that turned out. We stole another player.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Detroit is proud to select D Joe Ryan .

Would have looked real hard at Joensuu, but surprise, the Stars nabbed a Finn.

There are several players I'd love to take with this pick (won't reveal their names in case one of them slides to me in the 2nd ;) ) but in the end, Detroit needs a big, mobile, stay-at-home defenseman, and he's a right handed shot to boot. There are currently zero Red Wings defense prospects that shoot righty. It just makes too much sense not to take him.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
At #30, the St. Louis Blues select Trevor Lewis, C, Des Moines (USHL).

At #31 the St. Louis Blues select David Fischer, D, Apple Valley (HS).

Pittsburgh has been PM'd and is on the clock.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Edit - nevermind. Picked Berglund, didn't see that he was already gone.

Chicago is up and will be PM'd in a second.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Wow, I don't know how I missed that. I looked at the list, just not that high up. I had some other guys in mind, so I'll have a pick in a minute.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
He went a bit earlier than he has in most mocks I've seen. No way I would have passed on him at 29 if he'd been there. ;) But Ryan is a guy I really like as well. The last defenseman the Wings took out of the Q (Fischer - Hull) turned out pretty well, until this past season. :(

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Pittsburgh selects, from the Lincoln Stars of the USHL, D - Carl Sneep.

Couldn't decide between Sneep and a couple different forwards (Kana, Shutz, Fiala). Couldn't pass up Sneep though with the great size and good upside. I like the fact that he is going to Boston College and I think he can follow the footsteps of other former US born, college defensemen Penguins Whitney, Orpik, and Welch.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
With the 33rd pick in this draft, Chicago will stabilise his position between his pipe and take goaltender Leland Irving, from the Western Hockey League. We felt he was the second best goaltender of this draft, and are happy to take him in the second round.

Washington is on the block for the next two picks.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
MrKnowNothing said:
Pittsburgh selects, from the Lincoln Stars of the USHL, D - Carl Sneep.

Couldn't decide between Sneep and a couple different forwards (Kana, Shutz, Fiala). Couldn't pass up Sneep though with the great size and good upside. I like the fact that he is going to Boston College and I think he can follow the footsteps of other former US born, college defensemen Penguins Whitney, Orpik, and Welch.
I was seriously considering taking Sneep, I almost went D-D-D with the first 3 picks. Nice call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad