LeftKingers 2 Round Mock Draft

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He's underrated man. If i had to go by need i'd have taken Michael Grabner or Claude Giroux or maybe even Michael Forney...but i felt i need to take the best player available...
I wish i could trade down.. :shakehead

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
MaDdY said:
He's underrated man. If i had to go by need i'd have taken Michael Grabner or Claude Giroux or maybe even Michael Forney...but i felt i need to take the best player available...
I wish i could trade down.. :shakehead

I agree, I wish you could trade down too. I understand the best available position. I just don't like Sanguinetti. I saw a different Mock draft(Mr. Bugg's), that saw us trading up to the #3 spot and taking Kessel, I'd love that, but I'd also love it if Frolik fell to us.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Sorry for the delay.

:bolts The Tampa Bay Lightning are eager to find out if CHRIS STEWART of the OHL's Kingston Frontenacs might one day scrap it out with his big brother Anthony of the rival Florida Panthers -- provided they both make the NHL, of course.

IMO Helenius or Bernier are reaches at 15. I perhaps would have tried to swing a tradedown with New Jersey at 23 or Calgary at 24. But I think Tampa would do just as well with this potential future power forward.

Next up, Montreal...

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
:habs are proud to select from gatineau olympiques forward Claude Giroux.

A lot of people would say he's a reach, others might say that the habs don't need another small forward but IMO you don't pass on a talented player like Giroux.
If the habs pass on him, I could see the same situation that happened with bergeron and the habs passing another good french canadian player.

In a perfect world I would trade down before making that selection but since it's not possible I decided to make the pick. I really like the player and I think he'll do very well in montreal.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Now that Minnesota are recovered from their grief at being only 2 picks away from drafting Chris Stewart and missing out, we are pleased to welcome Ty Wishart

It only took us 8 hours to decide between he and Nigel Williams!

:amazed:
:bow:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Any chance of extending it to 2 rounds if everything goes well and quickly? Just wondering how many would be interested since I missed all the complete drafts. :dunno:

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Corona-12 said:
Nah thats not a surprise...if that really happens you'll see why. Brassard and Ovechkin would be a dominant line.

I wanted a passer. My first option was Backstrom, but my top 3 choices went as I didn't want them to go, so I got 4, Brassard

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
sarcastro said:
Any chance of extending it to 2 rounds if everything goes well and quickly? Just wondering how many would be interested since I missed all the complete drafts. :dunno:

I would be down for that, but obviously it would be up to LeftKinger.

Whingman

Nov 1, 2005
sarcastro said:

that would be cool I wouldn't mind if it was extended either.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I would be in favour of it extending to 2 rounds as well, but we'd need a few more GMs

nice pick, I love Vishnevski

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
-31- said:
I would be in favour of it extending to 2 rounds as well, but we'd need a few more GMs

nice pick, I love Vishnevski
2 rounds it is. We need GMs for Carolina and Nashville. Anyone can take them even if you already have one.

Last edited:

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
if you guys don't mind, I'd like to draft for Nashville in the second round. i drafted for Tampa in the First, but they don't have a 2nd round pick (traded to PHX). Thanks in advance.

Whingman

Nov 1, 2005
The San Jose sharks are proud to select from the OHL Kingston Frontenacs, Cory Emmerton.

The New York Rangers are now up.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Rangers select from the US National Team Development Program defenseman Chris Summers

I know some people will be upset that I didnt pick Grabner or some other forward, but Summers sounds like such a Ranger pick to me: good skater with some grit and solid overall.

Philly on the clock

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
-31- said:
The Rangers select from the US National Team Development Program defenseman Chris Summers

I know some people will be upset that I didnt pick Grabner or some other forward, but Summers sounds like such a Ranger pick to me: good skater with some grit and solid overall.

Philly on the clock

Tremendous pick if you ask me. I went with Vish but Summers was right there.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
C-Saku Koivu MTL said:
Tremendous pick if you ask me. I went with Vish but Summers was right there.
yeah, I would've picked Vishnevski if he was there. Berglund was another guy I was looking at.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
katodelder said:
if you guys don't mind, I'd like to draft for Nashville in the second round. i drafted for Tampa in the First, but they don't have a 2nd round pick (traded to PHX). Thanks in advance.
You got it. Now we only need a GM for Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->