Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Totally missed this. What a hit. Moore is such a beauty.
That shook up da big man love it. He did not think Moore would go for it. Chara looks old. This is first game I watched him where I really noticed it. It is about d*mn time. He was outlasting father time. But not anymore. He is near the end.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
That shook up da big man love it. He did not think Moore would go for it. Chara looks old. This is first game I watched him where I really noticed it. It is about d*mn time. He was outlasting father time. But not anymore. He is near the end.
and they just re-signed him for next year lol.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto

On the flip side, our resident elders - Marleau and Hainsy - both looked solid. Marleau in particular had some real fire in his belly. Not surprising really, Marleau knows what's up.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
and they just re-signed him for next year lol.
That is good news. That will hurt them on CAP hit. And they are going to have a hard time getting all their guys signed too under CAP. About time it is not just us on the CAP.
All 3 big teams in Atlantic - Tampa, Toronto and Boston - are going to have rough summers with the CAP. It may happen that all 3 teams get a little weaker.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Brown ran over a guy behind the net. Cant remember who, but he got rocked
Brown also ran over the other team's goalie during the first period, wich was a nice surprise. We was treally doing our thangs correctly last night. I knew it was going to be easy in game 1, but now it gets a bit tougher. Very interesting to see how our club responses on these tricks.

Reactions: CincoHolio

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Kadri is a marked man.

If he's in front of player safety again he is gone for a long time.

What was "unsafe" in your opinion that would warrant a long suspension? Looked like it was a late hit, but would take a lot of stones for a ref to call that and maintain any sense of consistency.

Reactions: CincoHolio

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Holy smokes Trevor Moore almost killed Zdeno Chara. This kid is just something else. Brown, Moore and Kadri were beasts last night. Heck if Gauthier can actually locate a guy, we might suddenly be the blue meanies. LOL.

I knew Brown would show up for the playoffs, he does not want to get traded or leave his hometown.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
That is good news. That will hurt them on CAP hit. And they are going to have a hard time getting all their guys signed too under CAP. About time it is not just us on the CAP.
All 3 big teams in Atlantic - Tampa, Toronto and Boston - are going to have rough summers with the CAP. It may happen that all 3 teams get a little weaker.

For sure. Next year will be a step back in talent but we'll be fine in the long run. I just have to chuckle at all the "have fun paying Marner" talk around the boards. Ok, I will have a lot of fun, thank you very much!

Reactions: SAMCRO44

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Holy smokes Trevor Moore almost killed Zdeno Chara. This kid is just something else. Brown, Moore and Kadri were beasts last night. Heck if Gauthier can actually locate a guy, we might suddenly be the blue meanies. LOL.

I knew Brown would show up for the playoffs, he does not want to get traded or leave his hometown.

The Bruins aren't as tough as they once were in the past. A lot of their own fans recognize this as well. I think we out-hit them last year too didn't we?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Yeah like Chara needs somebody to stand up for him. LOL he'll just pick up Moore and throw him into the crowd if he wants.

But he didn't.

I thought B's were tough? I thought when someone landed a good hit on a Leaf and we didn't have goons to go after them, we were soft compared to the B's.

Reactions: Macallan18

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Didn't Boston have more PPs than us Game 1? Kinda funny when I see people whine about the refs helping us when we had 1 PP I believe when we already had a 3-1 lead. Also kinda funny hearing Boston fans call Kadri a POS when they have Marchand on their team.
They sure turn into whiny losers when the shoes on the other foot.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I found it

In the comments on this tweet they are saying it's too late, too high, and slew foot?

what? what? and WHAT?

I mean, Kadri doesn't gain momentum for his hit until AFTER DeBrusk has passed the puck away :laugh: Let's not pretend he was finishing his check.

He's playing with an edge, I'm all for it being late, high, and a slewfoot if that's what others want to think.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
What was "unsafe" in your opinion that would warrant a long suspension? Looked like it was a late hit, but would take a lot of stones for a ref to call that and maintain any sense of consistency.
The hit yesterday wasn't anything bad.

I'm saying player safety is after him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If Debrusk would have been injured there I’d bet the league would at least look at it.
There is no way that is a penalty. Kadri was lining him up and everyone could see it. If league turns into the no hit league then it will lose a lot of supporters. No hit hockey is no fun for me. It is what makes hockey interesting. Otherwise it becomes a pure skill game and very boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad