Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I mean, Kadri doesn't gain momentum for his hit until AFTER DeBrusk has passed the puck away :laugh: Let's not pretend he was finishing his check.

He's playing with an edge, I'm all for it being late, high, and a slewfoot if that's what others want to think.

DeBrusk before Kadri
DeSkrub after Kadri :D

Reactions: Lilou

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Holy smokes Trevor Moore almost killed Zdeno Chara. This kid is just something else. Brown, Moore and Kadri were beasts last night. Heck if Gauthier can actually locate a guy, we might suddenly be the blue meanies. LOL.

I knew Brown would show up for the playoffs, he does not want to get traded or leave his hometown.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Didn't Boston have more PPs than us Game 1? Kinda funny when I see people whine about the refs helping us when we had 1 PP I believe when we already had a 3-1 lead. Also kinda funny hearing Boston fans call Kadri a POS when they have Marchand on their team.
2-1 in the man advantage. Everyone will say that Leafs got a penalty shot but that was an obvious call to make and if Marner had been stopped, it would still be 1-1 with Bruins on the PP. The only call against Boston was the hesitant interference call after Chara had done it a handful of times before including some questionable hooks, cross checks, slashes.

Bruins, averaging near 10PIM/GP got 2 PIM
Leafs, averaging 6PIM/GP got 4PIM

But the refs were against Boston /s

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

My only guess is they are laughing it up about DeSkrub.

also, sitting beside the pretty boy, Kadri looks ugly :confused:

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
The debrusk one was definitely late. Glad hes ok.

The chara one seemed to be in the 1-1.5 second range.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
But he didn't.

I thought B's were tough? I thought when someone landed a good hit on a Leaf and we didn't have goons to go after them, we were soft compared to the B's.

Did any Bruin run a Leaf ? Let's see how the Bruins come out the rest of the series before we assume they are not the team we thought they were.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What does any Bruins running a Leaf have to do with my point?

You said, "I thought when someone landed a good hit on a Leaf and we didn't have goons to go after them, we were soft compared to the B's.". You think somebody is going to go after Chara if he hits Matthews, Tavares or Marner.

What is your point ? My point was that Chara does not need anybody to defend him. He can easily do it himself.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Still feels good. I pray they can win tomorrow. Bring the same gameplan and avoid the thuggery and scrums we will probably see a lot of.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
When Marner scored, it felt like maybe things will finally go our way in the playoffs. In previous years, Leafs player wouldn't have scored on that penalty shot. Anyway, just a feeling I got.
I see that penalty shot goal as a very good omen. Call me superstitious but I’m feeling a little better about this series now

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You know you played well when opponents need maintenance days after playing one game.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Still feels good. I pray they can win tomorrow. Bring the same gameplan and avoid the thuggery and scrums we will probably see a lot of.

They need to be a bit cleaner, too. Refs could start nitpick calls and the Leafs may get themselves in trouble because of some of the borderline stuff

It's easier to give them no reason to call you than to make an excuse in the post game interview.

Reactions: great and Lilou

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
You said, "I thought when someone landed a good hit on a Leaf and we didn't have goons to go after them, we were soft compared to the B's.". You think somebody is going to go after Chara if he hits Matthews, Tavares or Marner.

What is your point ? My point was that Chara does not need anybody to defend him. He can easily do it himself.

My point is that many think the Leafs are soft because they can point out a time when an important Leafs player takes a solid hit and there isn’t a fight after. Posters have said Bruins will run over the leafs because they are a tough and gritty team that don’t get pushed around.

Here we have the captain of the Bruins take a solid hit, pretty dangerous spot no less, and no response.

Maybe Bs aren’t as tough as everyone thinks. As a corollary, maybe responding after a big hit by fighting or taking a coincidental minor isn’t any sign that a team is particularly good.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I don't think people are recognizing how dangerous that move debrusk pulled on marner was. he was just extremely lucky he lost it and went in to the cage and rask rather then the posts or the boards. could have been a very scary situation. that exact kind of stick play has broken legs ankles ribs and countless other injuries.

Reactions: Lilou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad