Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
My point is that many think the Leafs are soft because they can point out a time when an important Leafs player takes a solid hit and there isn’t a fight after. Posters have said Bruins will run over the leafs because they are a tough and gritty team that don’t get pushed around.

Here we have the captain of the Bruins take a solid hit, pretty dangerous spot no less, and no response.

Maybe Bs aren’t as tough as everyone thinks. As a corollary, maybe responding after a big hit by fighting or taking a coincidental minor isn’t any sign that a team is particularly good.

I don't think Bruins played with the grit many predicted they would. They did not follow the "recipe" to beat the Leafs. I hope they continue to play the way they did last night but I expect a more physical response tomorrow. I hope the Leafs are ready for it tomorrow and keep killing them with our speed and skill.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Physicality was absolutely not an issue last night, the Leafs main guys looked to have bought in, and the Bruins were getting left behind in the dust by the Leafs speed.

The Leas look to be dominating 5v5 play, the Bruins look in turn to be praying they get bailed out by the PP this series to give guy like Pasta the room to do his thing.

Ironically it’s the exact opposite of what some folks around here predicted that would happen

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I don't think Bruins played with the grit many predicted they would. They did not follow the "recipe" to beat the Leafs. I hope they continue to play the way they did last night but I expect a more physical response tomorrow. I hope the Leafs are ready for it tomorrow and keep killing them with our speed and skill.

I don’t think letting a hit like that slide has anything to do with “how they played”, even “tough” teams just don’t respond to that kind of stuff. It’s not like missing a shot or s defensive lapse, they could have responded at any time and they just let it slide. They focussed on playing hockey and trying not to take dumb penalties to give themselves the best chance to win.

Just because Leafs didn’t respond to someone running their goalie a couple times doesn’t mean they can’t compete in the playoffs.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Yeah because they couldn't f***in catch us

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, the Bruins played a pretty shit game last night. Im expecting a pretty big push back tomorrow. They'll also make some adjustments to the way they play. Hope the team is ready. Hopefully babcock can anticipate some of the changes cassidy will make and have the team prepared for it.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Didn't Boston have more PPs than us Game 1? Kinda funny when I see people whine about the refs helping us when we had 1 PP I believe when we already had a 3-1 lead. Also kinda funny hearing Boston fans call Kadri a POS when they have Marchand on their team.
But we did get a penalty shot! Kinda key considering Marner scored.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
But we did get a penalty shot! Kinda key considering Marner scored.

That call was an obvious call though. The 4 calls that were called by the refs were obvious penalties. I liked how the refs let them play. It's how playoff hockey should be.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Physicality was absolutely not an issue last night, the Leafs main guys looked to have bought in, and the Bruins were getting left behind in the dust by the Leafs speed.

The Leas look to be dominating 5v5 play, the Bruins look in turn to be praying they get bailed out by the PP this series to give guy like Pasta the room to do his thing.

Ironically it’s the exact opposite of what some folks around here predicted that would happen
Yeah, what happened to that soft team Dubas put together?

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and mavis

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
well it was not brought up lately in this thread till you posted about it???? not sure what you want to hear.

If you went thread to thread spreading foaming at the mouth about sparks I want you to admit that it’s not a big deal and beg for forgiveness.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Yeah, the Bruins played a pretty **** game last night. Im expecting a pretty big push back tomorrow. They'll also make some adjustments to the way they play. Hope the team is ready. Hopefully babcock can anticipate some of the changes cassidy will make and have the team prepared for it.

I watched the 2nd period again and we were lucky not to go down by a few goals thanks to Andersen's timely saves.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
If you went thread to thread spreading foaming at the mouth about sparks I want you to admit that it’s not a big deal and beg for forgiveness.
If Anderson goes down than I worry because Sparks is not capable of playing in the NHL. but until than its not important till it is.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I hope if he didn't say anything before the series, Babcock reminds Kadri to think about what he's doing before he does it. I know the Leafs love him to play hard and skirt the line, but the reaction from Game 1 shows that the Bruins are trying to locate anything, no matter how minuscule, that they can use to possibly get Player Discipline to go after him. The last thing the Leafs need is for this to end up like the stupid Tie Domi elbow saga, and have their momentum killed by the Office of Player Discipline being fooled by a gong show...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->