Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would say border line

To quote the NHL Rulebook:
The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession. Obviously "immediately" isn't a very exact term and leaves it up to the Refs discretion. 1.5-2
seconds is what is usually quoted to players from coaches when they are learning, but that's a guideline and not a rule.​

yep, a bit late, certainly wasn't immediate.
This happens every game though, non issue.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Loston played worse than I expected, or maybe we played better than I expected. Anyway really solid first game. Chara has understandably become very slow, I am surprised he didn't get a single slashing penalty.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I would say border line

To quote the NHL Rulebook:
The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession. Obviously "immediately" isn't a very exact term and leaves it up to the Refs discretion. 1.5-2
seconds is what is usually quoted to players from coaches when they are learning, but that's a guideline and not a rule.​

except that doesn't apply in the playoffs. almost every follow through check is given 3-4 seconds .

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He was kind of **** in our end first two periods to be honest. Got it going in the third, but that line was hemmed in prior.
That had more to do with AJ kept coughing up the puck.

I think AJ and Kap cannot be together on the same line, they are just too similar.

Reactions: kb

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just finished Rewatched the game again and I must say, it was a good game and both teams got their chances. The Bruins was really good for a good stretch in the 2nd but the team played with poise and didn’t panic and Freddie made some key saves, esp the one where Bergeron got his own rebound and the shot that bounced off the post toward the end of the PP.
The Kadri pass was great but I am more happy about Willie scoring through the legs instead of trying to go top shelf.
Rask was good, really good despite the scoreline.
Unlike last year series where both goalies seem to be playing below their level, I think both goalies played great.
JT and Muzzin are a huge difference and I really like what the 4th line did in their first few shifts, hit, hit and hit. Even though Goat missed a big hit but the fact that a 6’4-230pounds player is looking for a hit is not really something opposing players like to have in their mind.

Reactions: CincoHolio

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I found it

In the comments on this tweet they are saying it's too late, too high, and slew foot?

what? what? and WHAT?

Jesus Kadri.

one of those goes to player safety he is going to get 20 games.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
That's too bad. Keep in contact when you can, are you in the Misty Mountains? Watch out for Gollum.
I see Gollum every time I walk past anything reflective. :naughty:
Working in an area that didn't have any coverage before so happy to have some now.
However will be right up high next week so won't have anything but my inreach to get results on from the wife.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Yeah Wayne was amazing. But he had a guy almost or according to some, even better on the same team, Mark Messier. When I went to see the Oilers play, Messier was the one who freaked me out. Guy was such a great skater, and BIG.

And Wayne cheated a lot, I don't think I ever saw him back check once in his career. It would have been interesting to see him play for Babcock lol.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Didn't Boston have more PPs than us Game 1? Kinda funny when I see people whine about the refs helping us when we had 1 PP I believe when we already had a 3-1 lead. Also kinda funny hearing Boston fans call Kadri a POS when they have Marchand on their team.

Reactions: CincoHolio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad