Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
For Christ sake, due to all the Moses and Biblical ref here, can we just enjoy a Win without crapping on Player X or the team for not dominating from start to finish.
We do that already during the Game thread and after each loss.
We got 2 points against the arguably the Best Team in Hockey at their Home. Also, this team just got killed by Vegas over the weekend and is piss off.
The boys got the two points bc they played hard. Give them credits.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Refs missed a bunch of calls but good on them for calling two minors on Shattenkirk. Didn’t the Leafs score the winner on that ?

Reactions: Erdinger

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Give Muzzin an A. He's a true leader rather than a guy making insanely bad passes with a huge contract
Did you read what he said about it losing to the Zamboni driver, he said the team got outplayed by the Canes. Which is true as the Zamboni driver didn’t make miracle saves after saves

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
Everyone got to lay off the refs.

Not once was there a real scoring opportunity taken away, nor was there was anything really blatant.

Those calls that were supposedly missed, looked to me to be really ticky tacky marginal calls, that never should be made in the 3rd period.

The NHL game has always been like this.

:baghead:

I was there and saw the blatant missed calls.

It was game management at its finest.

Almost as blatant as your continuous trolling of this board.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
2 pts is all I care about. Keep picking up pts dont care how

Hope nothing serious with muzz

With healthy line up we looking at:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
XXX-Tavares-Nylander (whats the ETA on soup and mango?)
Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Clifford-Goat-Spezza

Muzzin Holl
Rielly Dermott
Sandin Barrie
Mango is out for the year. Recovery is 6 months. Soupy should be back by the start of playoffs, end of the season. If his cast is off, it all just comes down to the pain and how comfortable he his with passing and shooting.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Not much just the usual Millen foolery.
The guy can say things like he’s having trouble skating but he sure goes fast. That’s Millen in a nutshell.
I did not understand those Nylander comments on the 3rd Tampa goal.

Nylander was hustling back. The two D man looked like they had their man. Holl showed why he really is not an NHL player.

Guess Millen was just going by reputation, lol.

Nylander was good tonight. Very good. He crashing and banging half the time when he was on the ice. Holy shat!

No way they can trade him now.

:hyper:

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Solid win... This bipolar hockey team soldiers on. Seriously though beating Tampa on the road is no small feat. Interestingly enough I feel like the leafs matchup fairly well against the Lightning and are suited to play that brand of hockey. It's the heavily structured puck pressure Carolina types that they have all types of issues with

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I was there and saw the blatant missed calls.

It was game management at its finest.

Almost as blatant as your continuous trolling of this board.
You guys got to get a grip on how things work.

If you call that game management by the refs, well, expect it to happen again. In the next game, the game after that, the season after this one, and as long as the NHL has been in existence.

There is no point in complaining about it.

The point is the win the game. Figure out how to win the game, under those conditions.

That's not trolling. That's reality. If people think that is trolling, that definitely is not my problem.

The Leafs won tonight because they got the jump on Tampa, Andersen was solid enough to win.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Holy hell. Did Tampa just lose to the team that lost to a zamboni driver!
5 stages of cope. This falls somewhere in there.

No one said the leafs are the worst team in the league. In fact the fact that they are good enough to beat Tampa makes their loss to a Zamboni driver even more pronounced and puts even more limelight on how embarrassingly bad they were that game and how embarrassingly bad they are at handling pressure along with the mental weakness of the group in that game.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not pretty but we clearly competed. Thats what we want. Do that and the team will win because we have good players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad