Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
They have trouble doing that, sure, but they were without their best D and with three guys who still have more AHL games played than NHL games and Barrie. Refs also swallowed their whistles and let Tampa hold Tavares as much as they liked.

We're competing against the Panthers for a playoff spot. We're a better team than them.

All great points. Losing the Muzz was killer. Hope that is not a long term injury. Also agree with the calls, there were three or four holding calls alone that they didn't call.
I think my view on that was simply that it looked like every other 3rd period of the season for the most part.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Even if you think it's a fable it's still worth a read, the influence of the bible on western civilization is impossible to overstate.

You didn't try worth a shit. Moses is in like the first 50 pages lol.

its not my thing it was a mistake to even get in to this conversation. i have my views and i should just remember to shut the f*** up. my apologies for commenting my personal view after a explanation

Reactions: Smif

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The forwards couldn't push play forward. I'm glad we won, but nothing about it was particularly inspiring. It showed alarming trends that have existed all year. We just managed to escape this time.

The refs didn't call all the crap that Tampa got away with, they got a fluke goal, before that they had nothing going in the third.

Down to 5D, having three guys back on D who have played more AHL games than NHL games. What were you expecting? A total shut down game with Sandin and Liljegren shutting down Kucherov, Point, Stamkos?

They just gave the Lightning their first home loss in 12 games and broke Vasy's streak of 10 straight at home as well.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
How much NHL hockey have you watched?

Even your clip you post proved my point. Did Tavares get up and complain to the ref?

No. He got taken out of the play, with a hockey play. Got shoved a little when off balanced, as the play was going the other way already. All in front of the ref.

Maybe this game is not for you.
I've watched enough hockey to know that that's textbook interference.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Like I said in the GDT, muted the game (as usual with Millen games) halfway through the first. Very enjoyable game. Not ure what I missed but I'm glad I missed it.
Not much just the usual Millen foolery.
The guy can say things like he’s having trouble skating but he sure goes fast. That’s Millen in a nutshell.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We've also lost a bunch because we go long-periods of not getting a shot and get piled on in the 3rd. We went 10 minutes without a shot and had almost no-zone time in the 3rd. Are we honestly supposed to overlook that just because we escaped with 2 points, and then completely meltdown the next time we play the exact same way in the 3rd but manage to blow a lead.

I swear to god every good team in the league plays flawless hockey for 60 minutes straight from what you read around here. Anything less and you suck.

Toad

May 18, 2013
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet ... but I believe that was Tampa's first loss (regulation or otherwise) at home this season against anyone in the Atlantic.

EDIT: In fact, their last home loss against an Atlantic division opponent ... the Leafs ... last January ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alerion

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
its not my thing it was a mistake to even get in to this conversation. i have my views and i should just remember to shut the f*ck up. my apologies for commenting my personal view after a explanation
I was just messing around, brother, nothing serious, no worries.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
All great points. Losing the Muzz was killer. Hope that is not a long term injury. Also agree with the calls, there were three or four holding calls alone that they didn't call.
I think my view on that was simply that it looked like every other 3rd period of the season for the most part.

The Leafs always give me a heart attack when the other teams goalie is pulled and whenever we pull a goalie, I am sure it's going in the empty net haha.

Reactions: wingman75

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
You honestly don't think one team getting the green light to commit any minor infraction they feel like doesn't effect the flow of the game? Tampa is a top 3 team in the league, if you give them that advantage they will absolutely run with it.

It appeared to me that the only way to slow down and contain our players was to cheat. When the other team cheats we're supposed to get a powerplay to push our advantage. That way teams won't cheat to gain the upper hand. Why do I have to explain this?
Um, that is how the world works with professional sports leagues.

That is what they say in baseball. If you are not cheating, you're not trying.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The refs didn't call all the crap that Tampa got away with, they got a fluke goal, before that they had nothing going in the third.

Down to 5D, having three guys back on D who have played more AHL games than NHL games. What were you expecting? A total shut down game with Sandin and Liljegren shutting down Kucherov, Point, Stamkos?

They just gave the Lightning their first home loss in 12 games and broke Vasy's streak of 10 straight at home as well.
No, I expected our forwards to generate sustained zone-time, considering what we pay them. Which they absolutely didn't. Did you even watch though, I sort of remember Stamkos being out for the 3rd.
I swear to god every good team in the league plays flawless hockey for 60 minutes straight from what you read around here. Anything less and you suck.
How often would you say teams don't generate a shot for the first 10 minutes of a 3rd period and consistently get outplayed in them? I don't expect perfection, but I expect us to generate zone-time considering what we pay our forwards to accomplish that.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
We need more Muzzin baby!
And Hyman as always.

Heart is in high demand on this team. Both these guys have it. The Muzzin trade and eventual signing have been Dubas' best moves to date, neck and neck with the Tavaras signing I suppose.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
We need more Muzzin baby!
And Hyman as always.

3qb5us.jpg

Reactions: Trapper

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I've watched enough hockey to know that that's textbook interference.
Tavares got up. Did not bother to complain. Ref was standing right there too.

Sometimes the refs give a warning, do not do that again or I'll call it. None of that happened either.

If you claim you know more about that particular play than the three principal combatants involved, well fine. Good for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00