Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You forgot Kevin "The Rock" Gravel is waiting in the wings.

:sarcasm:

Still better than Marincin. At least Gravel will hit some MF’s.

But, is Gravel back playing again? I know he had an illness earlier in the year and he didn’t play for like 3 months.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Honestly, I can see Sens fans-Battle of Ontario and Habs fans-Original Six, being hateful toward us due to the rivalries. I have no idea why Nucks, Flames, Oilers and Jets fans hate us. They all treat Leafs as their rival which in reality, most Leafsnation don’t care.

I have no idea why some Leaf fans feel the need to report on what other fanbases are posting about the Leafs on other boards.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Still better than Marincin. At least Gravel will hit some MF’s.

But, is Gravel back playing again? I know he had an illness earlier in the year and he didn’t play for like 3 months.

But Gravel sucks and he has barely played this year. As far as I know, he's healthy.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Honestly, I can see Sens fans-Battle of Ontario and Habs fans-Original Six, being hateful toward us due to the rivalries. I have no idea why Nucks, Flames, Oilers and Jets fans hate us. They all treat Leafs as their rival which in reality, most Leafsnation don’t care.

I find Flames fans the best of the bunch. Probably because they have to deal with the Oilers and Vancouver fans. :laugh:

Reactions: Gabriel426

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He’s barely played because of an illness.

Oh I know. I'm not slagging the guy... but he wasn't very good when he was healthy either. Nothing against him but he's way down the depth chart and the only reason the Leafs keep calling him up and down is for cap/roster reasons.

Playing him over Marincin or even Rosen would be the dumbest thing they could do in my opinion.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh I know. I'm not slagging the guy... but he wasn't very good when he was healthy either. Nothing against him but he's way down the depth chart and the only reason the Leafs keep calling him up and down is for cap/roster reasons.

Playing him over Marincin or even Rosen would be the dumbest thing they could do in my opinion.

Maybe. I’ve just seen enough of Marincin that I’m willing to give KG a shot. But I’d rather Rosen play. I think he’s much more solid than either of the two

Reactions: SprDaVE

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It worked out very well for us. Tampa decided to go manno manno with us up and down the ice and Freddy outplayed Vasi. Like I said earlier when game strategy plays out like this we have a good chance to win. Not saying we would beat them in 4 (we won't) but it is a 6 or 7 game series and I like our chances in a speed game where they want to outskill us.

The 3rd period was a typical NHL reffing joke. and losing our best defender and team leader made it worse. But like another poster mentioned this is the way the NHL has always reffed it. The penalties were tied 3 to 3 and in 3rd period they let everything go. What bothers me about it is very simple. We are a fast skilled team and are the ones who get the short straw in this scenario. Our team is not built to play like that. We have a fast skilled team so we need to keep pressing the reffing case to league with tapes of the infractions. If an elbow to the head into the glass is going to be allowed then why bother with this BS NHL concussion story. That is how 99% of pro hockey concussions happen. That exact play. And it will continue on if those plays are allowed. When I see that 1 play I know the NHL truly does not give a sh*t about concussions. Good on Dermy for getting up and fighting hard. You manned up kid and that is what leads teams.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Probably to keep each other informed of how others feel about them, it seems natural.
You think?

I guess that makes sense if you have any interest about how people you don't know, feel about another group of people you don't know, and you think it's important to share that with even more people you don't know.

I just don't get it.

Reactions: ACC1224

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
JT a bible basher is he? Interesting.

makes not a kick of difference to me if someone is religious or not, just JT doesn’t strike me a a churchy. Dermott now there is a disciple giant cross necklace and giant cross tattoo
I was comparing him to Moses after he led our troops out of the desert of St. Petersburg

Reactions: Polaris1010

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Marner has been playing like poop for a little while now. Motor is gone. Not thinking right. Looks... bad.

I honestly don’t like how Marner thinks and plays with Matthews.

I do think he makes better decisions with Tavares. I think Tavares slower pace keeps Marner more settled and less flighty than he is with Matthews.

I think Marner and Matthews get too excited sometimes when they are out together on the ice.

Just my opinion...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So let me het this straight they can shu out Pittsburg and beat Tampa but they can't beat a f***ing Zamboni driver that woks for them? Is THAT what you are telling me?

This f***ing team....

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
You think?

I guess that makes sense if you have any interest about how people you don't know, feel about another group of people you don't know, and you think it's important to share that with even more people you don't know.

I just don't get it.

It's the irony of finishing off with the dismissive "leafs nation doesn't care about them" that gets me. Seems like some of leafsnation cares quite a lot, lol.

Reactions: egd27

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
I honestly don’t like how Marner thinks and plays with Matthews.

I do think he makes better decisions with Tavares. I think Tavares slower pace keeps Marner more settled and less flighty than he is with Matthews.

I think Marner and Matthews get too excited sometimes when they are out together on the ice.

Just my opinion...

Makes sense. Re-unite Hyman/Matthews/Nylander with Marner/Tavares, problem is Mikhayev can’t be that line’s Hyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad