Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win! 5-2 over Isles!

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
holland-plus-4.jpg

:biglaugh:

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Kessel back in the top 5 in scoring.

So what happens to Smith, Smithson and Holland now? Smithson I like keeping as a 4th line winger over 1 of Orr/McLaren, only helps our PK.

For now, with Bolland out I'd go with.

JvR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Kulemin - Smith/Holland? - Raymond
Goon - McClement - Smithson

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Great game by the leafs. Statement game for all those Bozak fan boys out there because as usual, Kessel and JVR produce the EXACT same with any half capable center.

Gotta love how the debate is basically:

People who think Bozak is a less-than-ideal 1C, but still a decent hockey player
Vs.
People who think Bozak is absolutely horrible, a "salary dump" if we trade him (to quote a couple of posters)

and the former are referred to as "Bozak fan boys".

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
He's a star, no doubt about it. The guy is just getting better all the time. Meanwhile Schenn just had the fewest minutes of any Philly defenseman tonight.

Kessel sniped but JVR was all over the ice, killing penalties too.
Sometimes big guys take longer to develop their game..he does keep getting better..Philly was crazy to dump him.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Not much negative to be said about that game. Franson did a bad mistake, and Ranger had a tough game again unfortunately. Had hoped he had left those behind him. Just seem to struggle when put together with Rielly unfortunately.

The Nielsen goal is not on Bernier. He saw the puck late and it was a snipe. Those happen.

EDIT: I'm so tired I can barely type, should probably get some sleep. Needed this after Sweden losing to Portugal earlier on. Thank you Kessel!

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Great game on the offensive side, a full game effort which is great to see.

Holland looks very good in the offensive zone, he has some skills for sure. If he can develop some physicality he could turn into a steal.

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
We have to face the facts. We have a solid team. Stacked in forwards. Phil, JVR, Lupul, Raymond, Kadri, in goal Bernier and Reimer.

Overcoming the injuries.

Way to go boys! GO LEAFS GO!!!!

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Kessel back in the top 5 in scoring.

So what happens to Smith, Smithson and Holland now? Smithson I like keeping as a 4th line winger over 1 of Orr/McLaren, only helps our PK.

For now, with Bolland out I'd go with.

JvR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Kulemin - Smith/Holland? - Raymond
Goon - McClement - Smithson

I wouldn't be against carrying Smithson as the 13th forward. He's cheap.

It all comes down to between Holland and Smith right now I think. I could see the Leafs sending Holland down for a couple of games just to ride out Smiths hot streak.

In all honesty if Carlyle wants a checking line we may see them both off the roster with Bozak and Kadri back with Smithson and McClement playing the #3 and #4 centers.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Our team the truest!!

Carlyle makes every other team squat hard!

Our team is so fantastic right now with its THREE KEY centers they still play the best hockey! Hard and steady game. Carlyle teaching everybody. Schooling.

Without his key players carlyle has done this all season long. Play better than the opposite team and get points.

The bolded is the only thing that makes sense in the entire post. Do more of that and less of everything else you do...

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Even with his 2 goals I agree with the poster that JVR was the best player on the ice when you consider everything. He was a beast. Size, speed, skill. Such a beauty of a contract too.

He made some sweet open ice moves tonight. Nice addition to the package.

Yes that contract looks better and better, even if it was a RFA one.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
I think we should keep smith. Bump Kadri to top line. Bozo to 3rd.

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Smith - Clarkson
Raymond - Bozak - Kulemin
Ashton - McClement - Smithson

that's a beautiful lineup!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Embrace the hate. The more we do what they say we cant the more it bothers them. And the sweeter the success taste.

exactly
this team seems to play best when everything is against them. heck. yeah.

I find it ironic that Ottawa last year loses 3 people (albeit, their best centre, defenseman and goaltender) and they were all look how awesome we are, #peskysens, and that's all everyone talks about it.

We've yet to have a healthy roster, and it's all "look how badly the leafs suck."

#gokickrocks

love this team. this was one of the best performances either. yes some brain farts from some people, but as I've said over and over, I think the G7 collapse is starting to work in our advantage. yes - we let a team score a goal or two with a 3 goal lead - but then we've been scoring right back. millen said it - when we're in trouble, we collapse really well.

On to Nashville!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad