Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win! 5-2 over Isles!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I have to say that's probably one of the best last couple minutes of a game we've had all season. Not sitting on our hands, but actively pressing. Could have made it 6-2 easy with a few chances there.

Great game for Kessel showing his insane shot. Holland just being awesome by being a center :).

leafstilldeath*

holland-plus-4.jpg

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Raymond - McClement - Kulemin

Beasts against the Tavares line.

Yes they were. I wish the Leafs played in the metro

Thoughts:

Joffrey Lupul's best game of the season, and the stats show it. He had just enough ice to let his hands do the work, lots of silky smooth stick plays, and good pace.

Clarkson's best game as a Leaf. If he plays like this all the time I'll never mention his contract again. But he won't. The Islanders are a tragically soft team and couldn't do anything to him when he was shielding the puck. He'll dominate our metro opponents and the habs though :nod:

Gardiner is back.

Franson had a good game. Alas, that turnover was bush league. Hopefully he can forget about it and continue playing with confidence.

Rielly created some excellent offense and was buzzing all over the defensive zone. Great game from him.

Paul Ranger was bad. But he's better than Kostka.

Bernier was sharp as always. Excellent positioning. Let's in another sneaky one, oh well.

And the aforementioned McClement line was dominant. Kulemin in particular.

Best game the Leafs played all season.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
This ticks me off. You listen to sports radio and its like every other team has some reason for not playing well and is undeserved. We havent iced our full lineup once all season and all they can do is rag on them.

Embrace the hate. The more we do what they say we cant the more it bothers them. And the sweeter the success taste.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yes they were. I wish the Leafs played in the metro

Thoughts:

Joffrey Lupul's best game of the season, and the stats show it. He had just enough ice to let his hands do the work, lots of silky smooth stick plays, and good pace.

Clarkson's best game as a Leaf. If he plays like this all the time I'll never mention his contract again. But he won't. The Islanders are a tragically soft team and couldn't do anything to him when he was shielding the puck. He'll dominate our metro opponents and the habs though :nod:

Gardiner is back.

Franson had a good game. Alas, that turnover was bush league. Hopefully he can forget about it and continue playing with confidence.

Rielly created some excellent offense and was buzzing all over the defensive zone. Great game from him.

Paul Ranger was bad. But he's better than Kostka.

Bernier was sharp as always. Excellent positioning. Let's in another sneaky one, oh well.

And the aforementioned McClement line was dominant. Kulemin in particular.

Best game the Leafs played all season.

Ranger certainly isn't our worst Dman..

Asif16*

Clarkson scores finally. Thank god.

And also...when fraser comes back....sit ranger over rielly....PLEASEE

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
Probably the best all-around effort I've seen this season. Clarkson getting a goal was the cherry on top.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
That shutdown unit just took an absolute massive dump on Tavares. Zero scoring chances.

Congrats Mcclement line + Phaneuf pairing.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Lupul had 3 assists but for me JVR was the best player on the ice.

He's a star, no doubt about it. The guy is just getting better all the time. Meanwhile Schenn just had the fewest minutes of any Philly defenseman tonight.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Holland was OK. I'd like to see him with some PP time but thats not going to happen.

He was OK, but then again we played only Buffalo and the NY Isles the last 2 nights. Not sure he is ready for Krejci or Bergeron or Malkin and Crosby. But he looks promising to have in our system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad