Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win! 5-2 over Isles!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Stay on topic. I don't care what you like when you're not on these boards.

leafstilldeath*

corsi2.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

leafstilldeath*

Lol, I thought the same thing. Guaranteed he will be back next game:laugh:

If only our coaching staff wouldn't be so blind about it. Play bozo on the 3rd line. His strengths as everyone speaks of are what?

Faceoffs
Defensive play

As a 3rd line C he is a better fit on this team or as a C between Kessel n JVR?

Its not rocket science. I hope Carlyle can see it

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Johnny T - another superstar added to the list of elite players shutdown by Phaneuf and Gunnarsson.

Rielly played great today. But he needs to bury those chances.

Bernier played well.

And the THRILLER was brilliant.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
A lot of good things to this game.

Kessel finds his finish tonight even being under the weather. That second goal was such a wicked shot. Lupul had an awesome game. McClement's line is such a reliable line. Raymond's importance to the team continues to grow. He may not always score and sometimes he can look invisible but the guy has been such a versatile player. He's slotted up and down the top 9 and has gotten the job done. Bernier was yet again solid. I've come to expect that from both him and Reimer that sometimes I forget to throw credit their way.

Holland was solid. Smith has been such a welcome surprise, particularly because his production is stepping in at a time when we've had forwards falling out of the line up. It was great seeing the team protect the lead by spending some time in the offensive zone. Carlyle rewarded the 4th line with some minutes at the end of the game and they almost scored.

Oh and Clarkson scored!!!!!

Ranger and Franson didn't have such hot games tonight. Not sure what Ranger was thinking when he punched the Isles player right in front of the net but the Isles reaction to the punch had me laughing.

Asif16*

Kessel finds his finish tonight even being under the weather. That second goal was such a wicked shot. Lupul had an awesome game. McClement's line is such a reliable line. Raymond's importance to the team continues to grow. He may not always score and sometimes he can look invisible but the guy has been such a versatile player. He's slotted up and down the top 9 and has gotten the job done. Bernier was yet again solid. I've come to expect that from both him and Reimer that sometimes I forget to throw credit their way.

Holland was solid. Smith has been such a welcome surprise, particularly because his production is stepping in at a time when we've had forwards falling out of the line up. It was great seeing the team protect the lead by spending some time in the offensive zone. Carlyle rewarded the 4th line with some minutes at the end of the game and they almost scored.

Ranger and Franson didn't have such hot games tonight. Not sure what Ranger was thinking when he punched the Isles player right in front of the net but the Isles reaction to the punch had me laughing.

Lol wait what? I think i missed it. Who did he punch?

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
I never thought id say this but Smith needs to stay on the second line over kadri. That line is just buzzing! They all compliment eachother so well. I wish Bozo wouldnt come back so Kadri could just play inbetween kessel and jvr. Decisions decisions :(

StanleyTOR

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
twitter.com
Other than the obvious, want to point out Rielly's play tonight.

I thought he played pretty well, given the fact that he sat out for the past few.

17+ minutes, lead team in blocked shots with 4 and was a plus player.

Hopefully he continues to develop, and plays 22+ minutes ATOI by season's end. Big steps, but one can hope!

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010

Looked like Clutterbuck gave him a little head-but.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Do you have a smartass meme about how our penalty kill has been since Bozak went down as well?

Learn something about hockey before posting garbage like this, because you look ignorant.

Bozak can still be on the PK without centering the first line lol, don't be so aggressive. You're calling him ignorant over a 1% decrease in the PK when both him and Bolland go down. Who's really ignorant?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Lol wait what? I think i missed it. Who did he punch?

I think it may have been Clutterbuck. Clocked him right in the back of his head in front of Bernier. He got a penalty for it. It may have been the last penalty of the game. I think it came after that unsportsmanlike penalty that the Isles took.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
The slight dip (85.1% -> 84.0%) is a result from losing both Bozak and Bolland while replacing them with AHL talent.

Bozaks contribution to the PK is overrated. He's not McClement.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I never thought id say this but Smith needs to stay on the second line over kadri. That line is just buzzing! They all compliment eachother so well. I wish Bozo wouldnt come back so Kadri could just play inbetween kessel and jvr. Decisions decisions :(

bozo needs to be eased back in 3rd line pk duties.:naughty:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If only our coaching staff wouldn't be so blind about it. Play bozo on the 3rd line. His strengths as everyone speaks of are what?

Faceoffs
Defensive play

As a 3rd line C he is a better fit on this team or as a C between Kessel n JVR?

Its not rocket science. I hope Carlyle can see it

I don't think Carlyle needs much coaching advice from this board, Leafs have lost more man games to injuries and suspensions than any team in the NHL, and we are still 3rd in the Eastern Conference. He knows what he is doing regardless of what some armchair coaches think.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Had a discussion with a fellow Swede and Devil fan who tried to convince me that Clarkson was nothing but a glorified enforcer. Just don't get why some Devils fans are so desperate to convince you that he sucks. Thought he was a popular guy there?

If he plays the way he has lately and pots 20+ goals per season, I won't care much about the cap hit.

To be honest, I havnt seen a team assess a player worse than Devils fans did of Clarkson. I knew he was a guy in the middle of a lot of scrums but I didn't know much more. His board work is fantastic and he possesses an above average hockey IQ. He's no Gretz, but he knows how to keep a play going. If he can keep playing like he has, I'll let the accountants worry about the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad