Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Marty marincin 1st 2 periods same ol Marty but the 3rd he was Bobby Orr and Rod Langway rolled into one.

I think this team realizes they need to play 200 feet to win withthat defence.

Only criticism is Engvall. Quit that curlback into your zone. Cause cycle against too often
Yup I hear ya I always yell at the t.v turn going up ice for cryin out loud as he always curls back to our zone then coughs it up

Reactions: Eric bungay

kb

Aug 28, 2009
When I get Dumba and Risto thrown at me I want to walk into a wall

That's what's going to make us better defensively? **** sakes
Holl and Dermott are taking steps right before out eyes towards being true top-4 players. They already have Rielly and Muzzin who are. Barrie has put together his best 3 games in a row as a Leaf. And Ceci is fine on the PK and bottom pair.

Don't look now, but if the team can get one of the goalies hot.....dammit this team keeps sucking me in.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Holl and Dermott are taking steps right before out eyes towards being true top-4 players. They already have Rielly and Muzzin who are. Barrie has put together his best 3 games in a row as a Leaf. And Ceci is fine on the PK and bottom pair.

Don't look now, but if the team can get one of the goalies hot.....dammit this team keeps sucking me in.

It's like a bad relationship, every time I think I'm out the pull me back in :laugh:

Holl and Dermott play exactly the style we need as well, defensively responsible with puck moving ability

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
JT and marner are MIA a bit.

JT does still make some good quiet plays, and I do not think he is making a ton of mistakes.

He's playing like you hope when a guy is not getting on the scoresheet. Winning a ton of draws, positive in possession, still making some decent defensive plays...

Marner is pure high event, which is not a good thing.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's like a bad relationship, every time I think I'm out the pull me back in :laugh:

Holl and Dermott play exactly the style we need as well, defensively responsible with puck moving ability
I keep thinking now that Muzzin is signed......Dermott making strides......Sandin with another year of Barb and the weight room......

I occasionally wonder if a Rielly for Parayko (base) is good for both teams? St. Louis has Faulk, Pietrangelo, and Bortuzzo on the right, and basically only Gunnarsson and Dunn on the left.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I keep thinking now that Muzzin is signed......Dermott making strides......Sandin with another year of Barb and the weight room......

I occasionally wonder if a Rielly for Parayko (base) is good for both teams? St. Louis has Faulk, Pietrangelo, and Bortuzzo on the right, and basically only Gunnarsson and Dunn on the left.

I think Rielly may be to important to the room to move at this point, the team fell into a hole when he went down and were just coming out of it now

It's not a bad idea though if you want to balance the pairs, I'm not as worried about that though since Rielly and Dermott can play on the right if needs be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad