Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
You're right. I just went back and watched the end again. He didn't give the score -- he just said that the Leafs scored two goals in the third to beat the Canucks. However, the score was on the screen along with the scores of the Ottawa and Montreal games. And emotion-wise, it sounded like any Hughson wrap-up.

But I'll admit, I don't hear the salty tears in Hughson's voice that other Leaf fans seem to hear.

Agreed. I thought he actually called a pretty unbiased game. He gave a lot of praise to a lot of Leafs.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Haha, I avoid Twitter because it's such smut but that one top comment is gold. Matthews is one dimensional with a good wrister. :laugh:
I mean Matthews could be one dimensional with just his wrister and still be better than Pettersson.

But with all his other tools he's leagues above Pettersson.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I mean Matthews could be one dimensional with just his wrister and still be better than Pettersson.

But with all his other tools he's leagues above Pettersson.

I mean for Hrudy to compare hom to Bergevin and Kopitar tonight.. C'mon. Hands down the best Leaf and climbing the charts as one of the best in the NHL

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Of course! lol

I've had this fight in multiple threads

When you say that hanging onto Dermott and making an intelligent cost effective move on defense is the way to go it makes people's eyes glaze over

Everybody loves a big trade for a "name" type player fit be damned

Reactions: Eric bungay and kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I've had this fight in multiple threads

When you say that hanging onto Dermott and making an intelligent cost effective move on defense is the way to go it makes people's eyes glaze over

Everybody loves a big trade for a "name" type player fit be damned
Exactly. Gotta collect names, fit be damned. Especially when (not) looking at the other teams' needs.

Reactions: Kiwi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad