Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Don't want to be negative but Kadri is starting to look like he didn't play for 3 months as well.
I've been giving him a bit of slack the last few years, but I'm starting to think the way I did before Babcock got here; Kadri needs to be GONE. This is by far his worst slump as a Leaf, but it's not the first slump he's ever had. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
We have the least PPs in the league but also take the least penalties. Its definitely weird. Gord Miller actually suggested during a game a few weeks ago that refs don't call as many PPs in leafs games because of our powerplay.

HUH how ODD?,, leafs are #31PP/OP and #8 PP%
and the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AVS are #1 PP/OP and #5 PP%
oh oh oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TBay are #4 PP/OP and #1 PP%
oh oh oh ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Panthers are #7 PP/OP and #4PP%

do i need to go on pointing out this leagues BIAS?????

oh i do? ok!

AVs last season #1 PP/OP,,,Leafs #29,,,
,,this season,,, AVS #1,,,Leafs #31

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Good game
Hutch was solid except for the 2nd goal.
um... From "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)

With a goalie stick and a goalie glove made of sin
Livin', lovin', He’s just a goalie
Michael Hutchinson delivers the win
Livin', lovin', he's just a goallie

Hutch, Hutch payin' your bills,
Livin', lovin', he’s just a goalie
When your conscience hits, you knock it back with pills.
Tellin' tall tales of how it used to be.
With the butler and the maid and the servantry

Nobody hears a single word you say.
But you keep on talkin' 'til your dyin' day.

Living, living, loving, loving, he’s just a goalie
Li-li-li-li-li-living, loving-love-love, he’s just a goalie
inspired by Writer(s): JAMES PATRICK (JIMMY) PAGE, ROBERT PLANT Led Zeppelin - Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) Lyrics | AZLyrics.com

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Tavares is one goal off the league lead. Love to see a player deliver after signing a huge contract.

And no, that's not an indirect shot at Nylander, just praise for John.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Good game by the first line.
Kadri is snake bitten.
Sad to see Matthews go pointless again. Wonder whats up with him?

Glad we won, but the Devils aren't very good and we shouldn't of given up those two. This team is struggling at this juncture. Our top line is keeping us afloat, but Babcock needs to find a way to get lines 2 and 3 going.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
I don't think there will be any discipline for the hit on Dermott but, Parros is delusional if he thinks there was nothing wrong with our guy getting hit on the numbers into the boards. We saw Hyman miss 2 games for a clean hit (fundamentally, albeit late). Keep in mind Hyman had no history of anything dirty prior to his suspension.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I've been giving him a bit of slack the last few years, but I'm starting to think the way I did before Babcock got here; Kadri needs to be GONE. This is by far his worst slump as a Leaf, but it's not the first slump he's ever had. This is starting to get ridiculous.

My theory is that his motor skills regressed because he's buried on the third line with no scoring talent.

Marleau is pretty bust and he's just a passenger on the powerplay right now. Kadri doesn't get to rush and make plays any more. Thus, even though he's in the lineup and playing, his play actually gets worse because he's not in a position to keep himself in "game form" if you get what I'm trying to say.

For example, he can barely stick handle like he used to. The puck time just isn't there. Stick handling in practice doesn't translate to stick handling in a game situation.

In summary: The team is too stacked for Kadri to keep his skills up to date.

My solution would be to remove Kadri from center and put him back on LW to play with one of matthews or tavares. After about two weeks his offensive instincts should come back.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
My theory is that his motor skills regressed because he's buried on the third line with no scoring talent.

Marleau is pretty bust and he's just a passenger on the powerplay right now. Kadri doesn't get to rush and make plays any more. Thus, even though he's in the lineup and playing, his play actually gets worse because he's not in a position to keep himself in "game form" if you get what I'm trying to say.

For example, he can barely stick handle like he used to. The puck time just isn't there. Stick handling in practice doesn't translate to stick handling in a game situation.

In summary: The team is too stacked for Kadri to keep his skills up to date.

My solution would be to remove Kadri from center and put him back on LW to play with one of matthews or tavares. After about two weeks his offensive instincts should come back.

Another silly excuse and cop-out regarding Kadri's sub-standard play. Almost hilarious in the fact that you are being serious.
Kadri has never been able to carry a line and has always relied on other more skilled players to carry the puck.

Reactions: Pookie

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Another silly excuse and cop-out regarding Kadri's sub-standard play. Almost hilarious in the fact that you are being serious.
Kadri has never been able to carry a line and has always relied on other more skilled players to carry the puck.

Who would you say carried the puck for him in 16/17? Komarov or Brown?

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No you havent. You just never commented on him when he was good. Kadri isnt going anywhere, you just dont like he is still on the team.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Kadri has carried a lot of lines. Dont be upset he is a good player.
Is Nylander playing yet?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nylander is getting one to two rushes per game, but overall isnt very noticable. In a few more games, all his reasons for not producing will be finished.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I kinda want Hyman back with Matthews and Will. Kappy and Mango (as much as I love them both) aren’t really able to create space for Matthews. He needs another real threat on his line so he can sneak away from the defence. No one other than Marner does that better than Nylander in the offensive zone. If I was running the lines I would do

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Mango-Tavares-Marner

Johnsson looked fantastic with Tavares and Marner while Hyman was out and I think for line balance it makes a lot of sense to switch the two LW’s.
I just cant handle the whining here when hyman is playing off Tavares' line. He is such a convenient scapegoat when things aren't going well. Just leave him. The line works well.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

yup and that is why he is only being paid 4.5m per to be a 3rdC/2nd C filler. hashtag#backtoback32g seasons

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Leafs last 12 games

CF/60: 65.12(2nd)
CA/60: 57.16(17th)
CF%: 53.26(4th)

SF/60: 32.26(6th)
SA/60: 30.42(15th)

SCF/60: 32.26(2nd)
SCA/60: 26.13(13th)

HDCF/60: 13.27(1st)
HDCA/60: 7.66(3rd)

Dubas communicating with Babcock about the way the team should play seems to be working.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1specter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad