Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Not upset. I actually enjoy it and cheer for him when he sticks up for his teammates or scores an important goal. Unfortunately, these events are getting scarcer as the season progresses and as such when they do happen it's another round of champagne for everyone. (Corks popping in the background).:partytime:

He can't outskate anyone and must plonk his skinny butt in front of the opposing crease and stay there and battle hard.

I hope he has a great game against Boston because that was his last good game in a Leaf uniform.

Yes, Nylander is out playing Kadri by a wide margin go check the analytics.

Kadri 9 pts last 15 games
Nylander 3 pts last 15 games

Analytics that

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Couple of thoughts from the game:

Interesting Babs buried Nylander in defensive zones last night. His 37% OZ faceoff was the lowest of any player by far. Probably working with him on that side of his game. He looked pretty good all game too.

Leafs probably should have had a few more goals as the game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. Straight up dominated the third.

Zaitsev led all players in cf%, sf% and all dmen in scf%. Still really offensively challenged but is one of the more underrated defensive players out there. Since mid October, is top ten in the league for goals allowed, blocked shots, and is great breaking up plays in the defensive zone, taking men out in front of the net and making smart pinches.

Hutch is looking like a solid pickup despite the odd bad one here and there. The Marlies are dying for adequate goaltending and hes proved he can come up in a pinch.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Kreider is just the guy we need upfront. Faster then Simmons and a lot of nasty to him. Remember oh i lifted my skate up to protect myself from the net collision and destroyed Price by accident play. Changed the whole series and the Habs got smoked after that 1 play.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
No you havent. You just never commented on him when he was good. Kadri isnt going anywhere, you just dont like he is still on the team.
No, I don't. Because he's always been very self-centered, prone to being insanely streaky, and has always been good at last minute padding of his stats in order to make it look like he contributes more than he actually does. I remember at the end of the Nonis Era, when he was a BONA-FIDE FIRST LINE CENTER and was going to break out and become the dominant force the Leafs had been looking for for years... And he topped his career best by 5 points.

Of course, I'm responding to the guy who floats around from topic to topic dropping unbelievably stupid hot takes, generally picked based on who he thinks he can get a reaction out of by acting like the opposite, so whatever.

roggie13

Jan 10, 2019
I was with you till you said you “don’t care much” for JT. What more do you want from this guy? What could he do to make you care?

You just misunderstood I like him as a player he just not my favorite player on the leafs and I never followed him in the league he's a new face on the team so he will probably grow on me over the season that's all. Also he does plenty saves the leafs asses most of the time along side Marner don't think he could do much more. Maybe if Babs gave him the C he could help give these young guys enough direction to show up every game

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad