Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I've been giving him a bit of slack the last few years, but I'm starting to think the way I did before Babcock got here; Kadri needs to be GONE. This is by far his worst slump as a Leaf, but it's not the first slump he's ever had. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Or maybe he just plays different minutes? It's not even close to "his biggest slump". No way that we could replace him without giving up a net loss.

Reactions: stickty111

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Matthews needs to play a lot better. That said, I'd reunite him with Hyman and Nylander too. Brown - Tavares - Marner.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Matthews needs to play a lot better. That said, I'd reunite him with Hyman and Nylander too. Brown - Tavares - Marner.

you don't blow up the teams top line to fill in for other failings

Melander is making 7m per and i hear tell that Matty is worth north of 12.5 , that is 19.5 + million in cap space

and you are suggesting that they need this 2.25m cap player to "make them right/fix them??????"

well,,, i would argue,,, a couple of guys are being over paid and one is under paid.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I have a question... where would this team be, without signing Johnn Tavares? I am going to say, fighting for a playoff spot.

Nylander...... I see Micheal Nylander every time I look at him now. And boy, does he look awful with that scruffy beard.

I sorta like this Hutchison guy, but its probably because I don't have to watch Garett Sparks, Sparks is just one awful NHLer.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
you don't blow up the teams top line to fill in for other failings

Melander is making 7m per and i hear tell that Matty is worth north of 12.5 , that is 19.5 + million in cap space

and you are suggesting that they need this 2.25m cap player to "make them right/fix them??????"

well,,, i would argue,,, a couple of guys are being over paid and one is under paid.

Regardless of our feelings, there is the way things should be and then there is the way things are. You ignore the latter at your detriment.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Who would you say carried the puck for him in 16/17? Komarov or Brown?

Well, the 17 Points that came from being on the top PP probably had something to do with it.

As did the 10 Points when he played with the next most frequent linemate, Nyalnder.

He had a good year then.

He’s not that player anymore.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thought it was a great road game other than the minutes at the end of the second.
Hutch seems to be having a bit of a calming influence, things just seem a lot calmer in the defensive zone compared to the other backup.

Kadri seems to be trying way too hard, starting to look selfish, doing everything on his own, not using his linemates.
IMO, at his salary he's going to start playing himself off the team if he can't find a way to turn it around.

Didn't want them to go away from a stacked PP, here's hoping it gets changed back soon.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dave,,, i am not going to let you away with this,,,, till they find another reason to ban me

there is no one in the pending UFA market worth a crap(aka,,grab a rental)

and

we don't have the cap space next season to add anyone with term , who is a top 4 , let alone top 2.

do we fix our cap moving Melander????and PM?,,, well that would open 13.2m in cap space from our 3rd line WINGERS

but lemme guess,,,you want to move our 2nd pair RHSD,,,,,so going into next season our top RHSD is OZY

There are plenty of defensemen to add that would bolster our quality and plenty of ways to make everything fit into next season.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I missed this game but glad the Leafs put up a good road win.

The fact that they're winning with a new back-up is something to get jazzed about!

I hope to see Andy back soon but if Hutch has to play a few more, I have confidence in him.

Take the win and just enjoy, guys!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri seems to be trying way too hard, starting to look selfish, doing everything on his own, not using his linemates.
IMO, at his salary he's going to start playing himself off the team if he can't find a way to turn it around.

Didn't want them to go away from a stacked PP, here's hoping it gets changed back soon.

Kadri has 3 more points than Leo Komarov at Even Strength.

That’s ironic, considering the narrative that Leo hurt his game last year, and troubling at the same time.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Everyone saying this team needs Hyman so much bc they just parroting what the "analysts" on Sportsnet said after the game. He should be no where near the top 6.

I said after our loss to Nashville that he would have made a difference. Not everyone who thinks he’s an asset in the top 6 is parroting Sportsnet.

Reactions: Zizzzzy and RLF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad