Not open for further replies.

Sproo

Jul 3, 2008
Vancouver
the Minnesota sports anchor

"tonight the Toronto maple leafs just couldn't keep up with the wild"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

look at the score bud

I was only able to catch the last half of the game and was watching the Minnesota stream. They were dissing the Leafs all the time and moaning about how dominant the Wild was. I'm not going to claim the Leafs were dominant by any means, but to me it looked like they were playing a tight conservative game, keeping Minny to the perimeter and, you know, protecting a lead to win the game. It was getting pretty tired by the end and the commentators were just coming off as sore losers because they won the shots contest.

leafstilldeath*

Reimer or Bernier is going to bring us lots of goodies in the offseason.

As good as that sounds I would rather have both for as long as possible. This tandem is awesome!

Reminds me of from recent memory:

Quick-Bernier

Giggy-Hiller

Price-Halak

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
As we have two very good goalies (although different style), then why we can't have two very good, young puck moving defensmen who can be dressed for the same game?

I was just pointing out leaf feed talking about how Gardiner was not getting minutes when he clearly was.

But yeah. Two is no problem. Most would say that Rielly, Gardiner, Franson and Ranger are all more offensive than defensive. Ranger is obviously limiting his pinching this season though.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
2 points. Woohoo

Special teams and Reimer. Game over.

Why are they winning while playing so "sloppy"? I dunno, but Carlyle just said best, it's ok as long as your winning, but one day your going yo get your butt kicked.

Winning with a bunch rookies in there too..gotta love it.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
kessel didn't even get an assist like i thought he would have ****

He passed it to Raymond when he was leaving the defensive zone so he should have and I'm pretty sure he was credited with an assist.

Edit: 3RD PERIOD 19:01 TOR EN - M. Raymond (4) Snap shot - ASST: P. Kessel (6)
----> From NHL.com (and it says he had an assist today)

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
As good as that sounds I would rather have both for as long as possible. This tandem is awesome!

Reminds me of from recent memory:

Quick-Bernier

Giggy-Hiller

Price-Halak

I am for one to see a split of 41/41 or realistically 44/38 this season to see the best out of both goalies. I love how Bernier has played so far on this team but you still can't forget to good stuff Reimer has done in the last 3 or so years with Toronto.( I have a Reimer Jersey and the T-Shirt one..)

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I was only able to catch the last half of the game and was watching the Minnesota stream. They were dissing the Leafs all the time and moaning about how dominant the Wild was. I'm not going to claim the Leafs were dominant by any means, but to me it looked like they were playing a tight conservative game, keeping Minny to the perimeter and, you know, protecting a lead to win the game. It was getting pretty tired by the end and the commentators were just coming off as sore losers because they won the shots contest.

Wild fans in their GDT was commenting on how their broadcasting team was ridiculous with their focus on their possession stats.

SteveV*

Lupul has such good stick skill with the puck. Raymond came alive, he and Bolland were fantastic. Gardiner was perhaps our best D man again. Reimer was awesome, juicy rebounds and all.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Really hope we resign Raymond. Probably one of the best 3rd liners in the league since he can easily play top 6, just not on the leafs because we already have Kessel + JVR + Lupul + Clarkson locked up for the next like 5 years :naughty: Great depth player that can easily fill in minutes from injuries/suspensions. Knew that we would love him here. I think the main reason Vancouver fans began to sour on him was because he was in a producing role, but not getting what they wanted. Now in Toronto without the pressure of having to produce, he is shining.

leafstilldeath*

For me Top 3 parts of the game:

3) Franson to Bolland to Bozak -> tic-tac-toe
2) James Reimer
1) CLASS ACT by Phil "The Thrill" Kessel

Am a Bozak basher but he had a strong game tonight. Was seperating players from the puck, was strong on the fore-check, needs to work on FOs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
JVR, Clarkson, Kulemin back in. Who comes out?

Trevor Smith, Leivo and Broll.

I hope we can keep Leivo up as the 12th forward.

We don't need McLaren and Orr each night...Leivo looks like a keeper.

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Kulemin-Bolland-Raymond
Leivo-McCool-Orr

That's a sexy group of forwards when they are all healthy. Should definitely help our forechecking game...which was fairly invisible tonight.

leafstilldeath*

I am for one to see a split of 41/41 or realistically 44/38 this season to see the best out of both goalies. I love how Bernier has played so far on this team but you still can't forget to good stuff Reimer has done in the last 3 or so years with Toronto.( I have a Reimer Jersey and the T-Shirt one..)

:yo::yo::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad