HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
For me Top 3 parts of the game:

3) Franson to Bolland to Bozak -> tic-tac-toe
2) James Reimer
1) CLASS ACT by Phil "The Thrill" Kessel

Am a Bozak basher but he had a strong game tonight. Was seperating players from the puck, was strong on the fore-check, needs to work on FOs.

Daisy has mentioned this a couple of times, but could it be possible that he's still not completely recovered from last spring's injury?

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
JVR, Clarkson, Kulemin back in. Who comes out?

Depends on the next few games, but in order of likelihood they stay, I have it as:

Broll

Leivo
Ashton

Bodie/Smith

Bodie hasn't played for a few games (I believe? or is he in the AHL already?) while Smith is the marlies captain so he most likely won't stay either.

Broll and Leivo have been the best, with Ashton trying to play a Komarov-esque roll which has increased our physicality, but brought pretty much nothing else. Broll hasn't looked too bad beside Kadri so I'm assuming he takes over 4th line LW and one of MacLaren/Orr sit most games (unless we need both)

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Just what the doctor ordered for Reimer. Guy battles through adversity like a champ.

6-1 boys :yo:

Have to say our offence is incredibly deep right now.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 1m
Phil Kessel decision-making flow chart
BWqhX-zCQAAsiWa.jpg

:laugh:

Credit to DownGoesBrown

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I really like Leivo out there.

By mid-season, it'll be Raymond on the 2nd line, Leivo on the third and Clarkson on the 4th. Unless I'm wrong.

Ashton has completely disappeared since he almost got his nose punched off.

leafstilldeath*

Daisy has mentioned this a couple of times, but could it be possible that he's still not completely recovered from last spring's injury?

If he was still carrying the injury we would have known. No way Carlyle risks it. If you recall we were taking precautions against even a slightest bit of injury scares in the pre-season. I doubt he is still nursing the injury. Book on Bozak's FO style is probably out after 2 full seasons. Bozak has to study his opponenets much better.

Sproo

Jul 3, 2008
Vancouver
Really hope we resign Raymond. Probably one of the best 3rd liners in the league since he can easily play top 6, just not on the leafs because we already have Kessel + JVR + Lupul + Clarkson locked up for the next like 5 years :naughty: Great depth player that can easily fill in minutes from injuries/suspensions. Knew that we would love him here. I think the main reason Vancouver fans began to sour on him was because he was in a producing role, but not getting what they wanted. Now in Toronto without the pressure of having to produce, he is shining.

Since moving out to Vancouver I've never understood why people would complain about Raymond. Always seemed like a pretty solid depth forward who could play a lot of roles. Not everyone is going to develop into an elite forward, but guys like Raymond, Bolland, McClement, etc., these guys help you win games, and that's the bottom line.

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
i'm a fan of this "Phil-anthropist" nickname spreading over the Leafs facebook page right now. it shouldn't replace the Thrill or anything but it'd be a nice one if he keeps racking up the assists. his passing gets better every season, I think. =)

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
James Reimer. Enough said.

Not pretty like Bernier, but gets the job done.

The Bolland/Leivo/McClement line was the best one on the ice.

Thought Bozak also played well, Kessel not so much, though classy move by him on the empty netter.

Laughed long and hard after the First Period. 3 Shots, Up 2-1.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Wooo we win! Beauty game from Rielly and Reimer.

Can we calm down with the Corsi stuff? This board is starting to sound like an inverse-PPP :laugh:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
This team continues to amaze and frustrate me. Kuemper was garbage from the start, don't know what Yeo was thinking. Congrats on being 6-1

Yeah, I love it when teams playing Leafs and all their goalies become garbage and all their forwards have off nights. IDK, maybe it's other way around and Leafs are actually... you know... good?

So far we lost one one-goal game to the team that at the top of West conf and undefeated still.

Not only that but we are doing it currently without 6 regulars.:p:

ASS (Advanced StatiStics) should be banned. :shakehead

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If he was still carrying the injury we would have known. No way Carlyle risks it. If you recall we were taking precautions against even a slightest bit of injury scares in the pre-season. I doubt he is still nursing the injury. Book on Bozak's FO style is probably out after 2 full seasons. Bozak has to study his opponenets much better.

not the injury - but the strength is gone. when you hurt yourself severely it takes ages for strength to comeback. i was listening to tsn and they were saying some injuries, "strength" can come back after a year.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
It seemed like it should be 4-1 for Minnesota.

But now that I think about it. I remember not too long ago the Maple Leafs were a team that would get 40 shots a game and get zero goals.

It's a ****ing beauty to see some finishers out there. I wanted to tear my hair out when we made every single goalie look like an all star

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Winning games the Leafs should be winning, but they've got to be better ... Some tougher opponents will hopefully allow the Leafs to tighten up their game and play some better hockey

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
It seemed like it should be 4-1 for Minnesota.

But now that I think about it. I remember not too long ago the Maple Leafs were a team that would get 40 shots a game and get zero goals.

It's a ****ing beauty to see some finishers out there. I wanted to tear my hair out when we made every single goalie look like an all star

Ugghh don't even remind me of Ron Wilson hockey.. The days of Stajan, Blake, Ponikorovsky, Antropov and Hagman, "SHOOT FROM ANYWHERE IT'LL GO IN EVENTUALLY!!"

leafstilldeath*

not the injury - but the strength is gone. when you hurt yourself severely it takes ages for strength to comeback. i was listening to tsn and they were saying some injuries, "strength" can come back after a year.

Did we ever find out what was the "upper body injury" Bozak had suffered? Depends on the injury for strength.

I seriously doubt Bozak plays if he is still nursing the injury. Carlyle wouldn't risk it. Also, it would have shown in his play.

I haven't seen Bozak play any different than since he started. Except, tonight he had a good game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Despite the outstanding start, we are only 6 points out of the last wildcard spot while playing 2 games more.

This is going to be a year where teams will be life or death making the playoffs.

#Thisisreality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad