Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-1 | "Corsi Enthusiasts Hate Them!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Well, they're right. The Wild outplayed us to an extent. We just executed better.

hardly... we were on the PK a lot more... and kept up and executed on our scoring chances... not our fault our players don't take stupid perimeter shots that never work

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
despite what the stats say, i don't think the leafs were really outplayed. reimer held them in though.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Reimer played awesome tonight, so happy for him. A great kid with character. Will always be a big fan of him.

Kessel with a great move at the end.

Go Leafs go!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm telling you guys, this team has the same feeling of the 93 Gilmour's Leafs. Very tight team, unselfish, only interested in winning for each other. #special

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ranger is rounding into form. Looks like a top 4 D and he's almost like a rookie again...he's getting better each day just like Rielly is.

I hope Carlyle uses his brain and makes Fraser the #7D and not Rielly.

Asif16*

so is that their way of saying that they aren't a good team? as we played them? and beat them?

Yup. Sens are frossly overrated. Imma laugh in their face when they miss the playoffs and Alfreddson goes on to the Eastern Conference finals with the redwings.

But wont make to the finals, because the leafs will stand in the way :sarcasm:

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
despite what the stats say, i don't think the leafs were really outplayed. reimer held them in though.

Despite the shots, there wasn't too many times I was worried about the Wild getting setup or taking a shot. A few, but not many.
Even the empty net cross crease chance at the end of the game that went wide - Reimer beat him across, he would have had it.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
We've have numerous injuries already this season + suspension on Clarkson so we've never really had our "best" lineup out.

Even when we play like a dumpster, we are winning. I would associate a majority of the reason being goaltending. I never feel wary of our goaltending now.

Bernier had a bad game vs Edmonton, then made a game changing save and we ended up coming back and tying the game and winning in OT. These things never used to happen to us. Reimer was our goalie that got us to the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. Both are still developing and they are already this good.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Seriously? Ranger looked great this game and has two good games in row before. As I've said before, people are so focused on their agendas against players that you wonder if they are able to enjoy the games.

Defense played quite well, except for a few senior moments from Phaneuf.

Wild was just better, and played their 3rd. string goaltender, who was probably better than Dubnyk.

Doesn't matter, 2 more points in the bank.

I think Carlyle is channeling Angelo Dundee.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Gardiner played 22 minutes tonight. Only Dion played more tonight. Ranger and Gardiner quietly had a decent game. They've been getting better as a pairing the past few games.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Wild may have one of the best PP in the League but the Leafs have got to have one of the best PK in the League.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm telling you guys, this team has the same feeling of the 93 Gilmour's Leafs. Very tight team, unselfish, only interested in winning for each other. #special

I was a wee little one at that time, so I don't remember then (actually I didn't even know Toronto had a hockey team. my daddy was all about baseball, so I was all "touch them again joe!" (for WEEKS).

so if this is true.... we go far this year.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Yeah, shots won't agree but I don't think we were completely outplayed.

We were outplayed but that's because of a terrible 1st period:

1st period...almost 8 minutes in the box that's 40% of the period killing penalties and your best forwards like Lupul,Kessel etc watching from the bench. No sort of rhythm.

2nd period, we clogged down the neutral zone and played as boring as the Wild were playing. About the same # of shots.

3rd period...we're defending a two goal lead, so naturally we just take the puck, dump it and repeat the cycle till the clock reads 0:00.

Asif16*

Ranger is rounding into form. Looks like a top 4 D and he's almost like a rookie again...he's getting better each day just like Rielly is.

I hope Carlyle uses his brain and makes Fraser the #7D and not Rielly.

Fraser is no doubt on my mind gonna play. If anyone is sitting though, its probably going to be either gardiner or ranger. Reilly seems legit. Im pretty sure when fraser comes back, he is gonna be paired with reilly

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Fully healthy lineup*, IMO:

JVR Bozak Kessel
Clarkson Kadri Lupul
Raymond Bolland Kulemin
Leivo McClement Orr

Phaneuf Gunnarson
Franson Reilly
Fraser Gardiner

Bernier
Reimer

Substitute Orr for McLaren, or Broll for Leivo, either one fits.

*Please ignore any right side / left side mishaps, you get the picture.
Not too shabby.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Fully healthy lineup, IMO:

JVR Bozak Kessel
Clarkson Kadri Lupul
Kulemin Bolland Raymond
Leivo McClement Orr

Phaneuf Gunnarson
Franson Reilly
Fraser Gardiner

Bernier
Reimer

Substitute Orr for McLaren, or Broll for Leivo, either one fits.

Not too shabby.

will be scary. that is all.

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
Reimer stole this game for the Leafs, was the biggest reason they made the playoffs last year, was the biggest reason they came back from the dead to almost make it a few years ago, but look for a hoard of idiots to crap all over him the next time he has a bad game.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
If Kessel ends up with 39 or 49 goals this year I sure hope the "realists" remember this game. That was a cool moment for this team. Just goes to show how little the players actually care about personal stats or any stats in general just the WIN.

After the Bruins series, i dont know how anyone could question Kessel. I used to despise Kessel when we first traded for him (not because of what we gave up, but the type of player he was). He is nothing like what fans of other teams like to pretend he is. Not anymore.

He seems like a shy guy, quiet. He just signed here probably will end his career here. No doubt in my mind that he wants to win here. All the Leafs brass and players have always had his back and i guess you can still be a great teammate and friend without being the loud guy. Probably the most liked guy in the dressing room, even more so after that play.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
For everyone who thinks we've lucked out by facing shabby goaltending, it's Ward, Hiller, Bobrovsky, Hawks and Penguins coming up.
We'll know a lot more about this team by next weekend.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Reimer showed up tonight. This Bernier Reimer tandem is going to be a thing of beauty to watch this year.

Awesome move by kessel to let Raymond get his 2nd goal of the night. love you kessel.

go leafs go!!! 6-1 baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->