Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Wild - Black Friday 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Sorry, thought you meant back to back Devils and Wild.
Did they say he's playing both this weekend?
No worries.
No guarantees made whatsoever. An argument can be had that the tweet gives off the impression that it's under consideration due to the start times of each game though.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
No worries.
No guarantees made whatsoever. An argument can be had that the tweet gives off the impression that it's under consideration due to the start times of each game though.
The only goalie I ever remember playing both ends of a B2B for the leafs was Andersen…it resulted in a lot of overwork and injuries

Murray is pretty injury prone, I feel like we would be better off taking our chances with Kallgren, as much as I hate that

Reactions: Buds17

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No worries.
Guessing they'll take it one day at a time.

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The only goalie I ever remember playing both ends of a B2B for the leafs was Andersen…it resulted in a lot of overwork and injuries

Murray is pretty injury prone, I feel like we would be better off taking our chances with Kallgren, as much as I hate that
Kallgren actually did it earlier this month against Pittsburgh and Vancouver. I had to be more than okay with that considering the circumstances.

Exactly, the potential for injury with Murray would be my cause for concern here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Finally a lovely Friday night 8pm game for me
You sire, is going to LOVE THIS ❤️🍁 the whole game has been arranged just for human beings like yourself. The friday night horror and suspension was exactly what we planned when we was thingking about the schedule. People have nights off and no work and all. The pleasure now is all YOURS and the entertainment value will be massive in this one. Congratulations again 👏👏👏 br

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Let me ask you a legit question.

I know this was possible back in the day, is it still possible now in the technology age?

I feel like I have to throw my phone into the river to not know what's happening with the Leafs during a game lol.
I mute all notifications relating to leafs and try not to get on HF all day, it usually ends up working out

The only issue is I can sometimes just check HF without thinking, so need to avoid that!

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
idk man Robertson had a pretty decent game last night, he obviously had a terrible turnover on the PP that led to the kick in goal but he brought some tenacity and a motor

I'd keep going with him, take someone else out for Simmonds if you really need to

Reactions: Rude Dog

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I googled “World Cup” to see if that’s the FIFA tournament I heard about. Lol. Goes to show you how much I follow soccer.

Reactions: Optimist

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
For the King. They better come out firing with a #21 sticker on their helmets.
Wilds got tougher with Reeves, going to be a good game.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Middleton was a nice pickup for them, my kind of D Man. Now they add Reaves. We know what type of team Leafs will be facing and we don't have Clifford roaming with Simmonds.

There are no easy games in the NH each one is a test of varying degrees of difficulty and/or "looks". Wild ar on the playoff bubble also.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
idk man Robertson had a pretty decent game last night, he obviously had a terrible turnover on the PP that led to the kick in goal but he brought some tenacity and a motor

I'd keep going with him, take someone else out for Simmonds if you really need to
I personally think it's crazy to scratch a young player for 4 games in a row, insert him into the top 6 against the best team in the league while the defense is in shambles, and then take him right out again because he didn't look great. What the hell was Keefe expecting? He should be trying to get Robertson comfortable since the Leafs can't score, not trying to screw with him

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
For those who don't like Kallgren, it could be good news. I'm a bit shocked that it isn't automatically Kallgren getting the start Saturday. The fact that they are considering Murray, who currently needs to be load managed, on a B2B, I think is telling. I remember it happening with Sparks and then Hutch, it got to a point where the team no longer wanted to play them and sort of made it know in the same kind of way. I wonder if when Samsonov comes back and when Woll gets reps in with the Marlies, if he becomes the #3.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Let me ask you a legit question.

I know this was possible back in the day, is it still possible now in the technology age?

I feel like I have to throw my phone into the river to not know what's happening with the Leafs during a game lol.
I regularly watch the game later that night, and my friends are too fond of life to spoil it by mentioning the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad