Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
No but Foligno and Greenway to an extent take liberties (sneaky pretty dirty imo) and Wayne should feed them a few. Not sure if either is injured/playing currently.

IDK. He hasn't been playing because he refuses to report to the Marlies. To me, the entitlement rubs me the wrong way. Clifford had no issues going down, playing his balls off and being ready when called on.

If we need to call on him, we're calling a guy who hasn't played a game in months? At that point you are literally dressing a pair of fists, might as well skip over and grab someone willing to fight who actually has been playing.. Like Clifford.

IDK, I get it he's been in the league a long time, 1000 games and all that. But put the ego aside, you aren't good enough to be an NHL regular anymore and probably weren't last year either but still got the chances because they like you. If I was the coach he isn't playing unless we are really screwed.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Why wouldn't you want to dress a tough customer in Simmonds during what's sure to be an emotional game. Robertson or Malgin can sub back in tomorrow. Over analyzing things won't change Keefe's mind.

Let's see what happens maybe Wayne can vouch for himself today and make a difference out there. I see the reasoning behind the move.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
For the King. They better come out firing with a #21 sticker on their helmets.
Wilds got tougher with Reeves, going to be a good game.
for a measly 5th

The Leafs could have had him but would have had to send a player back because they are at 50 NHL contracts, but I'm sure Dubas could have sent the Rags Clifford or something, he's hardly playing with the Marlies at all

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Important to play 5 man defense to protect the rookies. Might be a blessing in disguise and we just become elite defensively too :crossfing
and like the saying goes "offense is created through great defense"

when the Leafs are really working in their own zone they create all those transitions and 2 and 3's on 1, I don't know how many times last year Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Kerfoot, heck even Mikheyev and Engvall stealing pucks at centre or getting a stick on a pass in their own zone and all of a sudden, gone! Haven't seen enough of that this year.

Reactions: saltming

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Maybe Matthews scores tonight?

I’d even take a dominant 0 point performance, just show us why you are a top 5 player

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Or at least make a November holiday. Oct 30 - Dec25 is a long stretch.
We already have a November holiday...remember? (see what I did there). Although, it's not a stat in every province, which is actually a bit of a travesty. Should be a national day.

Reactions: Jmo89

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
For the King. They better come out firing with a #21 sticker on their helmets.
Wilds got tougher with Reeves, going to be a good game.

Yes, they got Reaves, and they got tougher as a result. Being tough is ok, being good at hockey is better.

Reaves isn't good at hockey.

""

""

:laugh:

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
We already have a November holiday...remember? (see what I did there). Although, it's not a stat in every province, which is actually a bit of a travesty. Should be a national day.

I think Rememberace Day would make a great national holiday. Should have been a long time ago.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
It's days like today where I truly appreciate "working from home".

Not sure if Reaves is playing today or not, but I am sure he'll want to make an impact right away. Not sure we have anyone other then Simmonds who can answer that bell unfortunately.

I'm pretty confident he had a 2 goal game against us last season lol. Not that he should be a guy we game plan around by any means, but we will just have to be aware. He's 100% going to want to make a big first impression. At the very least he might drag his boys into the fight.

Hopefully we will be able to rise to the occasion and win this one for Borje

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
and like the saying goes "offense is created through great defense"

when the Leafs are really working in their own zone they create all those transitions and 2 and 3's on 1, I don't know how many times last year Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Kerfoot, heck even Mikheyev and Engvall stealing pucks at centre or getting a stick on a pass in their own zone and all of a sudden, gone! Haven't seen enough of that this year.
This so much

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
The best thing about soccer is that it makes you realize that NHL referees are NOT the worst.
One soccer ref alone on a giant field where the ball pings 40 meters here and there almost instantly, runs about 10km a game, some at high speed, he has to manouvre to keep a proper perspective on the play, endures constant vocal abuse from players and coaches, and is always up against weasel actors who go down like they're shot even when not actually fouled.

On the other hand, there are 4 (four!) hockey officials on a smaller-than-olympic-size ice surface already shockingly cramped with todays bigger players (ever been to a live game, Billy?). And, somehow, they still screw up more than soccer refs.

Yes, NHL refs are the worst.

Reactions: HogTown06
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad