Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Wild - Black Friday 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I'd expect the same as last night, minus Murray.
Not sure if they are practicing today.
I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
There was a video with Dubas saying they’re practicing and that Timmins would join practice in Minnesota.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So we are sitting two good players so that Simmonds can maybe fight Reaves?

Let's be honest, that is probably the only noteworthy thing Simmonds is going to do tomorrow.

We are struggling to put up offense so we put in an offensive black hole who is not even good defensively over two guys who can at least put a lot of pressure on other teams if they are not scoring?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So what's the expected lineup?

I guess this depends some on Benn's situation as well.

Engvall - Kampf - ZAR had an awful game against NJD though, 2 CF, 9 CA, 2 shots for, 4 against.

Robertson - Tavares - Marner was our best line... so I give that another shot, they also scored.

Kerfoot - Holmberg - Jarnkrok were mostly very low event, but scored..

Bunting - Matthews - Nylander were subpar...

I'd sub out Engvall, for Malgin, as the Malgin Kampf ZAR line has been very effective, but not so much when you put Engvall on it.

Robertson Tavares Marner
Bunting Matthews Nylander
Kerfoot Holmberg Jarnkrok
Malgin Kampf ZAR

Reactions: TMLAM34

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Oh yeah, playing Simmonds over Robertson or Malgin surely will be the equalizer of physicality we need.
Definitely not, but at least it puts someone in the lineup if things do get a little out of hand. I’m a little surprised Clifford wasn’t recalled to be honest.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Strange lineup... Jarnkrok hasn't been very good this year so far. I guess you hope he gets it going with Marner/Tavares, who have been our best combo. I guess Simmonds is in there, to offset Wild's xfacepunch/60, because there isn't much of any other reason for it.

That D though...

Request: Whoever is doing the GDT tomorrow. Please do a tribute for Salming in the GDT. Thanks in advance!

Fantastic idea.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Don't mind these lines with Simmonds in.
Mete back in and Hollowell gets another game as he should

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Definitely not, but at least it puts someone in the lineup if things do get a little out of hand. I’m a little surprised Clifford wasn’t recalled to be honest.

We're in the bottom 10 of the league in goals for at even strength and we played the 2nd most games in the NHL (tied), that's a concern, not the hits or punching per game. But hey... what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad