Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Wild - Black Friday 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Doesnt look like Benn will go. They pretty much went went 4 D for 2 periods last night. Cant do that on b2b. Interesting how they configure this one.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
We're in the bottom 10 of the league in goals for at even strength and we played the 2nd most games in the NHL (tied), that's a concern, not the hits or punching per game. But hey... what do I know.

2021-22
Shots F/Game 34.6
Shots Against/game 30.6
Shooting % 11.0%
GF/G 3.8
GA/G 2.9
GF/G 5v5 2.56

2022-23
Shots F/Game 30.6
Shots Against/game 28.5
Shooting % 9.6%
GF/G 3.07
GA/G 2.62
GF/G 5v5 1.71

No doubt, our scoring, and more so, our shooting has been a problem so far, compared to last year. Last year, we shot 9.31% 5v5... this year, 7.29%. If we were shooting at the same rate this year, we'd have 46 Even Strength goals, and be tied in 5th place. How did we forget to shoot, or create better shot opportunities in a year?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Seems like a tough matchup for the D core we are running right now, Wild play a really heavy game. Interesting to see how the young guys back there handle it.
And no doubt the crowd will be excited to see their tiny new toy Reeves.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
So we are sitting two good players so that Simmonds can maybe fight Reaves?

Let's be honest, that is probably the only noteworthy thing Simmonds is going to do tomorrow.

We are struggling to put up offense so we put in an offensive black hole who is not even good defensively over two guys who can at least put a lot of pressure on other teams if they are not scoring?
After watching the Leafs play a soft NJ team it was painfully obvious we were too light.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

So maybe Sammy is back ( probably not until next week sometime) but most likely it's Murray is playing back to back due to the earlier game on Friday.

I don't mind it as long as they think he can do it no problem.

Shitty

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Yeah definitely feel better having Simmonds in there with Reaves getting his first game with his new team. You know he's going to be out banging hard for his first game and at home. Might not help scoring but he's not a liability and he'll keep them honest.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

So maybe Sammy is back ( probably not until next week sometime) but most likely it's Murray is playing back to back due to the earlier game on Friday.

I don't mind it as long as they think he can do it no problem.

Shitty

I'm typically not big on running with the same goalie for a back-to-back at the best of times.
Hypothetically, I'd probably be extra apprehensive to do so with Murray being in a groove right now (which admittedly sounds nonsensical in a way).

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnie97

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
2021-22
Shots F/Game 34.6
Shots Against/game 30.6
Shooting % 11.0%
GF/G 3.8
GA/G 2.9
GF/G 5v5 2.56

2022-23
Shots F/Game 30.6
Shots Against/game 28.5
Shooting % 9.6%
GF/G 3.07
GA/G 2.62
GF/G 5v5 1.71

No doubt, our scoring, and more so, our shooting has been a problem so far, compared to last year. Last year, we shot 9.31% 5v5... this year, 7.29%. If we were shooting at the same rate this year, we'd have 46 Even Strength goals, and be tied in 5th place. How did we forget to shoot, or create better shot opportunities in a year?

I have no doubt it will improve at least a bit, especially with Matthews down that much and a few players like Bunting and Rielly really cold as well... But not sure playing Simmonds will fix the shooting percentage.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm typically not big on running with the same goalie for a back-to-back at the best of times.
I'm probably extra apprehensive to do so with Murray being in a groove right now (which admittedly sounds nonsensical in a way).
It’s not back to back.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
So what's the expected lineup?
Keefe isn't happy beating the hottest team in the league so he's making lineup changes again. Can't he stop fiddling for one damn minute? I'm talking about Robertson getting in for a game then immediately pulled out the next game, it's assinine.

Harkens back to being up 3-1 on the Habs and Keefe dressing Sandin for game 5 which was imo the main reason we lost game 5, and the series. I'm sick of this "future legend"

Reactions: saffronleaf

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Keefe isn't happy beating the hottest team in the league so he's making lineup changes again. Can't he stop fiddling for one damn minute? I'm talking about Robertson getting in for a game then immediately pulled out the next game, it's assinine.

Harkens back to being up 3-1 on the Habs and Keefe dressing Sandin for game 5 which was imo the main reason we lost game 5, and the series. I'm sick of this "future legend"
You need Simmons in against Minnesota with Reaves on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad