Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Wild - Black Friday 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Wonder if any of the team will be going to the NFL game tonight?

I hope they skip the turkey altogether lol

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Some will, guaranteed.
Wouldn't be surprised if they have a box.

Yep, same time as US vs England kickoff.
I'll probably watch that and start the Leaf game after.
Yeah this game is probably getting recorded and I'll just avoid HF till I can get home to watch it

Reactions: Altair

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Yeah this game is probably getting recorded and I'll just avoid HF till I can get home to watch it

Let me ask you a legit question.

I know this was possible back in the day, is it still possible now in the technology age?

I feel like I have to throw my phone into the river to not know what's happening with the Leafs during a game lol.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I know this was possible back in the day, is it still possible now in the technology age?

I feel like I have to throw my phone into the river to not know what's happening with the Leafs during a game lol.
I never have any issue watching on delay. If I'm concerned I put my phone on 'Do Not Disturb' but everyone knows I rarely watch live so they typically ask me if I'm caught up before discussing anything.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Screenshot_20221124-112816_Chrome.jpg

Interesting reasoning. I say we start this new century off with a win and turn our fortunes around. New 60s era leafs coming?!?! Lets gooooooo.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Between this and the world cup, looks like some of us will have a very productive Friday afternoon at work. :naughty:

Sure is, as long you can stop yourself from automatically going to this forum on your phone without even thinking. Not always easy I admit!

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Seems like a tough matchup for the D core we are running right now, Wild play a really heavy game. Interesting to see how the young guys back there handle it.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wonder who will be in net? Especially after the really heavy workload Murray has to go through yesterday.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wonder who will be in net? Especially after the really heavy workload Murray has to go through yesterday.
I imagine Kallgren, Murray goes against the Pens on Saturday.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I wonder if Samsonov's close? I'd rather have Murray in net against Pittsburgh. Gonna be a long couple of days for this team.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Do it all the time. Generally watch the 1st period live, then watch something with the wife for an hour and then watch periods 2 and 3 afterward. Skipping commercials and intermissions I generally finish about 30 mins after the "live" game and join you fine folks for some post game discussion

Reactions: OddyOh

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I think they said he's on the trip but wouldn't play.

Hmmm, what to do. Play Murray and try to get the easier points against Minnesota or do their best to try to win both games by playing (Sh)algren first. Glad I don't have to make the decision.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
View attachment 612366

Interesting reasoning. I say we start this new century off with a win and turn our fortunes around. New 60s era leafs coming?!?! Lets gooooooo.
Isn't that for the Dec 22nd game? I thought it was, and assumed they would host that game rather than be on road. Interesting if not.

Edit: I am thinking the NEXTGEN game in DEC I think. The Maple Leafs name became official on Feb 14 1927 I think? Or somewhere around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad