Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sens- So what's your response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
its like this team needs a constant kick in the nuts reminder to play 60 full minutes, and not to toss the puck around softly and blindly.
I hope Vesey is also done as a Leaf. JT's giveaway was beyond pathetic (but at least he was under pressure), but, going for a new stick and leaving the entire left side of the ice wide open is not excusable

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Remember how pissed off Dubas was last season after the Zamboni driver? This one is close. I expect him and Keefe to put their heads together and do something drastic to send a message.

I highly doubt that. No one is held responsible with this team. 2nd line has done nothing for weeks but anyone sitting or moved down the lineup? Nope.

Reactions: Cobra777

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Leafs will win tonight. Still won't change anything that this team is mentally fragile

There are a lot of passengers in this team. I can't for the life of me stand Kerfoot and Vessey. There's just nothing but thin air with those two

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
This won't go over well, but I'd like to see a couple lineup changes:

Hyman - Nylander - Tavares

Dermott - Brodie
Rielly - Bogosian

Need to get Brodie, Dermott and Tavares going.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I think we lost the last 2 games in 2 different ways . Against Montreal our "new-found structure" didn't hold up under the Habs increased intensity in the 3rd period. We're doing well when the intensity is say, a 7 or 8 but when the other team ramps it up to a 9 or a 10, we can't handle the half second to full second less we have to make a play. Also that leads to more puck battles and we all know we win less than half of those... Against Ottawa it was simply a case of becoming complacent after dominating 5-1 lead through about 35 minutes. We became careless and sloppy and the lack of attention to detail and carelessness resulted in a goal then it all snowballed. As is often mentioned in these threads we haven't learned yet to take nothing for granted and keep the foot on the pedal for 60 minutes. If we don't all the talent in the world isn't going to save us come playoff time. Oh and to top it all off this team makes a lot of bad decisions with the puck which shouldn't happen with talented players such as Mo and JT especially when they aren't being particularly pressured.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Slept on it....still fuming. I don’t get how many of these situations they have to go through before they learn. They better find a way to win the next 2 or I’m going to puke

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I know I’m a Debbie downer, but even if they do have a big rebound game, they will probably still revert back to what they’ve been doing, winning their fair share of games, but not being consistently dominant. How many years have we been hearing, they won by having a great 3rd period, or, it’s a good thing they scored those 3 goals in the first.
Let’s be honest, how big of a lead does this team need before you can say, “this one’s in the bag”?
Since a 4 goal lead wasn't enough, maybe a 6 goal lead would guarantee a win. lol

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
The good news is that the Leafs banked some points early to help ensure against games like last night and the Habs. Scary thing is we have Hutch playing one game this week, and we play the Habs on Saturday after playing 5 games in 8 nights. Habs on a one week break. Gut check time.

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Leafs will win a tight game on Wednesday like 3-2 or 4-3, then lose Thursday night with Hutchinson playing like shit.

Leafs have shown they’re incapable of doing what every other team in our division has no problem doing, just drubbing Ottawa and leaving it at that. I don’t expect them to do so in either of the next two games.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
There is one good thing that came out of yesterday for me..I now have zero expectations of this team to win in the playoffs, let alone be a contender for the cup. I’m confident they will find ways to lose. Guys like Reilly, Andersen and Tavares need to convince me I’m wrong and look forward to being wrong if that does happen, but as of now I’m still seeing too many passengers on this team

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Split up the 2nd line for a few games IMO. Get Nylander and Tavares some new linemates and see who's really been the problem.

The last time they were split up was when Matthews was injured.

The Hyman-Tavares-Marner line suckered that game.

The Vesey-Kerfoot-Nylander line was great.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Leafs will win a tight game on Wednesday like 3-2 or 4-3, then lose Thursday night with Hutchinson playing like shit.

Leafs have shown they’re incapable of doing what every other team in our division has no problem doing, just drubbing Ottawa and leaving it at that. I don’t expect them to do so in either of the next two games.

In the last couple of weeks, Ottawa has also won games against MTL and WPG.

We're not the only team that has off nights, STL I think lost a game 8-0 this season.

Reactions: stickty111

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
There is no IMO here. You have to win these next 2. Everybody would agree. I don't care as long as we play well even if it's 1-0 win both games

What makes you think you speak for everyone? Of course I'd like to win these games but what I want 1000 times more is playoff success and yes, we could even lose both of these games and still have playoff success.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I don't think it's Leafs though.
With our awful luck, we got Ottawa when they are playing respectable hockey now.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What makes you think you speak for everyone? Of course I'd like to win these games but what I want 1000 times more is playoff success and yes, we could even lose both of these games and still have playoff success.
Fair point but you can't lose 2 to Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad