Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sens- So what's your response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's a back to back so Hutch is getting one of these games anyways.

I guess you could give him the second half if you want to give Andersen a chance to redeem himself, but he also looks like a guy who needs a break and you may want to give him less of a break between Ottawa and Montreal.

I know Hutchinson is playing I said he didn't deserve an opportunity I didn't say he wouldn't get it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd start Hutchinson since I thought Andersen looked like an unmade bed and run exactly the same team out again

Give the boys a chance to redeem themselves and hope they play even better than they did tonight, which would cover some of Hutchinson's frailties

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I'd start Hutchinson since I thought Andersen looked like an unmade bed and run exactly the same team out again

Give the boys a chance to redeem themselves and hope they play even better than they did tonight, which would cover some of Hutchinson's frailties
I think hutch was scheduled a game regardless of the outcome tonight.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think hutch was scheduled a game regardless of the outcome tonight.

He should get one of the b2b

As a team we usually run the backup on the 2nd night but watching Andersen tonight I think he needs an extra days rest so i'd play Hutchinson on night 1 of the b2b

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Give the team the day off, start Freddy Wednesday give him a chance to bounce back, stop with the "start Hutchinson" bullshit we know how that goes he does deserve an opportunity

I'd give Andersen the start Wednesday for the same reason. I'd then go with Hutchinson the next night. I'm not big on the same goalie starting both games of a back-to-back unless a team's season depends on it.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He should get one of the b2b

As a team we usually run the backup on the 2nd night but watching Andersen tonight I think he needs an extra days rest so i'd play Hutchinson on night 1 of the b2b
Well, to me it is just a game, but Keefe starts the back up in the first of back to backs doesn't he?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd give Andersen the start Wednesday for the same reason. I'd then go with Hutchinson the next night. I'm not big on the same goalie starting both games of a back-to-back unless a team's season depends on it.

I'm not either but I'm also not big on starting Hutchinson.... ever after last season

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm not either but I'm also not big on starting Hutchinson.... ever after last season

I wouldn't want him as the backup of a team with serious aspirations. A start or two shouldn't really be enough to do a team in though.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Start Hutch, pray Campbell stays healthy. Play Hutch both games, its not like he has been doing much.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Pierre McGuire says you start the 3rd on a PP and no excuse for allowing Zub the breakaway coming out of the box. Says Rielly cannot let that happen (and with in a 5-2 lead to boot). Puck management was an issue last year. I think they let their guards down because they were playing the Sens.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The Leafs and Andersen will be fine.

Start Andy Wednesday and give him until Saturday to rest.

I'm expecting a big rebound game tomorrow.
I know I’m a Debbie downer, but even if they do have a big rebound game, they will probably still revert back to what they’ve been doing, winning their fair share of games, but not being consistently dominant. How many years have we been hearing, they won by having a great 3rd period, or, it’s a good thing they scored those 3 goals in the first.
Let’s be honest, how big of a lead does this team need before you can say, “this one’s in the bag”?

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Here is something else that really bugs me about this team. I just heard on sports desk that this was the first time in Ottawa’s franchise history that they have come back and won a game after being down by four goals. Why is it that our team seems to be the team that lets other teams break out of a losing slump, or have a player who hasn’t scored in a while suddenly scores two or three goals. I’m getting so sick of this!!!

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
As great as the M duo has been, it’s time to break them up to spread the scoring. Tavares needs marner on his line to get him going. Nylander and JT just do not have great chemistry.

Thornton- Matthews - nylander
Hyman- Tavares - marner
Galchenyuk- kerfoot- Mikheyev
Boyd- spezza - engvall

muzzin- Brodie
Reilly- holl
Dermott - bogosian

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020
I am not as emotionally invested this year as I have been in previous years, but losses like this are to be expected. It is in the franchise DNA.

Nylander and Tavares are both redundant to this team's needs.

Reactions: Cobra777

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Thornton Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Hyman
Mikheyev Spezza Nylander
Engvall Boyd Galchenyuk

Time to split up Tavares and Nylander. The chemistry between the two is non existant.

Reactions: Cobra777

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
as frustrating, and on brand that loss was yesterday, it will be how they respond these next 2 games where i create my opinion on this group. We brought in guys like Joe to loosen the boys up during these dark periods, I'm hopeful he's able to ground them after a couple shaky 3rd period losses. time will tell, GO LEAFS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad