Speculation: Leafs trade predictions

which leafs are moved this off-season?

• Total voters

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I think you guys are confusing, hoping to be traded vs. likely to be traded.

Only one on that list is likely to be traded is Zaitsev / Marleau.

Everyone is pure fanboy speculation.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Depending on what the + is and what Trouba wants for an extension, that is the kind of deal I would be happy with. Trouba is a good player and would be a good fit. If we're trading Kadri, that's the kind of player that makes sense.

Liljegren and probably at least 7+ I would think.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I think you guys are confusing, hoping to be traded vs. likely to be traded.

Only one on that list is likely to be traded is Zaitsev / Marleau.

Everyone is pure fanboy speculation.

I think you’re confusing normal discussion of possible trades and what were hoping to trade. Like you said Marleau and Zaitsev are the two players most fans want traded and there is already speculation and rumours about them being moved. So I’m not sure why you have your panties in a bunch.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
If we are going to be realistic, Nikita Zaitsev is the only one on that list is likely to be moved.

We all hope Marleau gets moved, but it looks so unlikely when you factor in his contract and desire to win.

Zaitsev on the other hand is drumming up some interest, is a RHD, and has cost certainty attached to him

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If we are going to be realistic, Nikita Zaitsev is the only one on that list is likely to be moved.

We all hope Marleau gets moved, but it looks so unlikely when you factor in his contract and desire to win.

Zaitsev on the other hand is drumming up some interest, is a RHD, and has cost certainty attached to him

Though most media reports suggest the thing he currently cares most about is geography- namely being closer to his family

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I have it as Kadri, Kapanen, SDA and our 2nd round pick for Trouba and Lowry right now.
Rather it be Kapanen Lowry is intreaging for PK help and big body. I feel like you make this trade. Kapanen hurts but one we would loose to Seattle most likly. I think you negotiate for it to be a later round pick to be honest. SDA is fine. Helps that you keep Liljegren

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I think Dubas will pet offer sheets come in for Marner to either say: Hey look, no one else is offering $11M now lets get serious here.

Or if they do offer sheet him, that’s guaranteed in the 4x 1st rd pick range and I would take that to the bank.

Other than that Marleau and Zaitsev appear likely to be moved based on player requests.

I don’t see the team moving in a different direction from anyone else.

Dubas was the one that swung the Kessel trade so either Shanahan or Dubas himself specifically targeted Kappy and I cannot see how anyone would think he has disappointed.

Nylander is not getting dealt.

Kadri is a possibility because he has value now and I don’t think the team will want to spend cap dollars at 3C that it would take to keep Kadri, sorta exactly how Pittsburgh traded Jordan Staal because they had Crosby/Malkin. That said the return needs to be good and I’m not sure other teams will try that hard to get him.

Brown is reasonably costed and Johnson is not going to break the bank either.

So outside of Marner, Marleau, Zaitsev, and Kadri I would be really surprised to see anyone else dealt unless it’s a package for a major deal.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Now, he going to get suspended every time?

I can almost guarantee you that he will. Especially if they play Boston.

That team plays on the edge and they know how to get under his skin.

They lay the trap and he falls into it every single time!!!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I can almost guarantee you that he will. Especially if they play Boston.

That team plays on the edge and they know how to get under his skin.

They lay the trap and he falls into it every single time!!!
Not every time.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think Dubas will pet offer sheets come in for Marner to either say: Hey look, no one else is offering $11M now lets get serious here.

Or if they do offer sheet him, that’s guaranteed in the 4x 1st rd pick range and I would take that to the bank.

Other than that Marleau and Zaitsev appear likely to be moved based on player requests.

I don’t see the team moving in a different direction from anyone else.

Dubas was the one that swung the Kessel trade so either Shanahan or Dubas himself specifically targeted Kappy and I cannot see how anyone would think he has disappointed.

Nylander is not getting dealt.

Kadri is a possibility because he has value now and I don’t think the team will want to spend cap dollars at 3C that it would take to keep Kadri, sorta exactly how Pittsburgh traded Jordan Staal because they had Crosby/Malkin. That said the return needs to be good and I’m not sure other teams will try that hard to get him.

Brown is reasonably costed and Johnson is not going to break the bank either.

So outside of Marner, Marleau, Zaitsev, and Kadri I would be really surprised to see anyone else dealt unless it’s a package for a major deal.

Brown can be easily replaced and needs to be taken away from Babcock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad