Speculation: Leafs trade predictions

which leafs are moved this off-season?

• Total voters

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Thats the dream, I dont think the Jets would do it.

It's a dream until you realize Trouba is a UFA after this season and he's been a real prick to sign in Winnipeg

If he's willing to sign something reasonable with us after we trade for him I'd be bloody interested though

Reactions: Ciao

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
It's a dream until you realize Trouba is a UFA after this season and he's been a real prick to sign in Winnipeg

If he's willing to sign something reasonable with us after we trade for him I'd be bloody interested though
The assumption is that he'd sign a long term deal with the Leafs. If he wasnt willing to, then of course the Leafs move on.

Reactions: Kiwi

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Brown can be easily replaced and needs to be taken away from Babcock

Why? So you promote a Marlie that does the exact same thing? He’s a gud pro. They’re training gud pros down on the Marlies. What is coming up the pipeline that is looking significantly better than Brown?

Maybe Marchment will be tougher but will he even score as “much”? Bracco will probably score more but won’t forecheck as well.

Trevor Moore is already tagged as a call-up. I just don’t see anyone markedly better on a dollar-for-dollar basis.

In a cap world you have to roster guys like Brown that are good enough to be relied on.

I know it’s not the flashy new present hope for the future answer but that’s the reality here.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Not to mention, he just listed his house in Toronto for $11.888 Mil

He doesn't need a 12m mansion living by himself being while on the road half the time. He'll sell it and buy a condo if he does not end up moving during the off season. That said, it certainly does lean the way of a move happening.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Three years of Kadri's great cap hit for one year of an abitrated Trouba and the Leafs have to add?

but if we have spoken to troubas agent and have a longer term deal lined up, easily Kadri needs pluses and significant ones with him. So lets hope we get him with a deal. Same age, same draft and different handed (RH) to Rielly sounds like the perfect partner to me. Getting a top pair RHD for Kadri+ is a no brainer depending on the + of ocurse

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Why? So you promote a Marlie that does the exact same thing? He’s a gud pro. They’re training gud pros down on the Marlies. What is coming up the pipeline that is looking significantly better than Brown?

Maybe Marchment will be tougher but will he even score as “much”? Bracco will probably score more but won’t forecheck as well.

Trevor Moore is already tagged as a call-up. I just don’t see anyone markedly better on a dollar-for-dollar basis.

In a cap world you have to roster guys like Brown that are good enough to be relied on.

I know it’s not the flashy new present hope for the future answer but that’s the reality here.

Marlie or not, you can replace what Brown does for less. Agree to disagree on Brown's talents, or at least the way his talents are utilized. They'll do better than 2.1 mill for a 4th liner

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

With all due respect, if we don't have someone better than Brown coming up the pipeline then Dubas (and his Amateur Scouts) should be fired.

Brown is not a bad player, but we as fans we should hope there is talent better than him in our system.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
but if we have spoken to troubas agent and have a longer term deal lined up, easily Kadri needs pluses and significant ones with him. So lets hope we get him with a deal. Same age, same draft and different handed (RH) to Rielly sounds like the perfect partner to me. Getting a top pair RHD for Kadri+ is a no brainer depending on the + of ocurse
From most of what I have read on here from the Jets the + would probably be too much.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
There’s so many permutations, that it’s impossible to predict.
Any or all of Kadri, Kap, AJ, Zaits, PM, Brown and one of the younger LD could conceivably go.
But, given the cap, I’m pretty sure of one thing: there’ll be a premium place on adding cost-controlled and ELC type players whenever possible before adding dollar-for-dollar, more established guys.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Kadri to Minnesota
Marleau to Anaheim
Brown to Edmonton
Zaitsev to Vancouver / Anaheim
Kapenen to Carolina

I can believe it. Marleau for Eaves. Kadri to Minnesota was not my first guess but I can believe in a Kadri-Spurgeon trade. Same with Zaitsev to Anaheim, since they could use a top 4 RD, but I think Vancouver and Dallas would come as more viable options before Anaheim. Pure picks or prospects IMO, unless someone like Virtanen or Ritchie comes cheap. Brown for EDM's 2nd rounder this year (or maybe Puljujarvi works his way in there). Kapanen + futures for Pesce.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Aside from the cost-controlled focus I expect, I do think Dubas will target a stud RD (like, try to move mountains) and then deal with the cap/talent aftermath later.

Pretty clear he values premium talent (I believe that he expects to ‘pull up’ others) and is happy to scour for cheap fillers.

And I’m really warming to the idea of Tanev on a top-two line flank as a second ‘Hyman’. Maybe he’s sound enough defensively to make a Matthews-Bracco combination legit, freeing WN to take over a line himself.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
With all due respect, if we don't have someone better than Brown coming up the pipeline then Dubas (and his Amateur Scouts) should be fired.

Brown is not a bad player, but we as fans we should hope there is talent better than him in our system.
Brown's been a decent goal scorer in the past but not a good plus/minus player. This year he stepped up his game defensively which i'm sure was encouraged by the coaching. I think this guys got another gear once he learns to balance defense and offense. @ 25 years old and 2 mil cap hit I think this guy needs another year for us to see his potential and to raise his value back to where it was 2 years ago. I just hope we don't sell this guy after his worst season and value lower. With hyman injured and marleau gone we're going to need him.

Reactions: Ciao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->