Speculation: Leafs trade predictions

which leafs are moved this off-season?

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
with reports being that the leafs have been amongst the busiest teams this off-season, it seems like there's a good chance that we could see a roster overhaul this summer.

long in the short which players do you think will be moved this off-season?
(I'm only including players that have had speculation around them thus far although I will leave an other option)

feel free to leave a trade where you feel that player might go.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Marleau, Brown and Zaitsev are gone.

Kapanen, Johnsson and Marner all re-sign.

Kadri Trade talk is Lol worthy. Dubas knows not to trade a player in his 20's whos value is low. He'll build his value back up again next year.

Top 4 RHD comes in, potentially Martinez.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
one of Marleau or Zaitsev, Marleau being the really likely one because of contract term, and Connor Brown because we have lots of replacements that save $1M a year and he'll bring back a ~3rd round pick so why not

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Marleau gone....because he wants to be gone. The return is anybody's guess.
Zaitsev and Nylander to Vancouver for Tanev, Boeser, and cap room.
Brown to Edmonton for picks/prospects.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd guess Zaitsev, Marleau and Brown are traded (due to apparent trade requests, and the team's RW depth respectively). Johnsson is probably only traded if he and the team can't agree on a new contract. Kadri is probably only traded if a more economical 3C option is brought in, or other cap reducing options fall through. I think Kapanen might be the least likely of the six to be traded.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Marleau, Kadri, Brown, Petan and Zaitsev.

At the minors level, Bracco, Borgman and Timashov.

Last edited:

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
If we're able to trade Zaits and Marleau without taking back salary that should leave space to bring back Marner, AJ and KK.

What would be nice is if we're could figure out a way top bring back Gardiner as well. Likely have to trade Brown as well.

I guess the question becomes do you feel comfortable with a D that looks like Rielly, Muzz, Dermott, and a bunch of Marlies. If you don't, you need to turn some forwards into D. Whether that's Kadri, AJ, Kap or Nylander depends on the return.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think Marleau, Zaitsev and Brown are moving
I'm not sure how much we will retain/take back salary but I think all those guys will be traded in some form
I wouldn't be surprised if one of Johnsson, Kapanen or Kadri goes for a defenseman either

Marner is a real wild card, I hope like hell he stays but never say never although I think him being traded is very unlikely

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
We can retain 50% and still end up ahead. I think he'll definitely be traded.

His salary is irrelevant. We pay what? Something like 3/4 of it in a bonus up front??? The only question is the cap hit.

Question for someone who knows??? If we offer to retain,,,, I assume that's only on the 1.xMillion that remains after the bonus?? So "retaining" really doesn't apply here? tia

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Marleau is not being traded. My goodness.

I suppose in theory that could work. Still not sure I see it happening

32lsy3.jpg

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Leafs off season - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Marleau, AJ, Kap, Zaitsev, Brown, Gauthier, Tymashov, Borgman all moved out in my off season.

I think it will be a busy summer and Dubas is going to have to get creative. No one will be able to predict all the trades that happen. I could see 3-4 trades and possibly some signings depending on how much cap space we clear.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I like Naz a lot, after his playoff failures he should be gone. But his contract is too good to let go of and I think he stays. The Leafs will move Marleau and Z. Those trades we will not win because we are not in a position of power. I think Willie goes because he has value, he will bring the assets we need and he will make signing Kapanen, Johnsson and Marner much easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->