Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Martin Marincin to 2 year 1 way 1.25m AAV contract

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Fwiw
If he keeps that play up I think the leafs protect him over Carrick.

Doubtful. If that happens I see them protecting 8 players instead of losing either one.

Especially after it's almost confirmed Willie doesn't need protection.

JVR
Kadri
Komarov
Bozak (If we don't trade him) or Brown/Rychel

Rielly
Gardiner
Marincin
Carrick

Andersen

Mad Brills*

Doubtful. If that happens I see them protecting 8 players instead of losing either one.

JVR
Kadri
Komarov

Rielly
Gardiner
Marincin
Carrick

Andersen

Brown doesn't need protection.

I could see them exposing bozak if matthews is great, and leivo/rychel force their hand.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

JVR
Kadri
Komarov

Rielly
Gardiner
Marincin
Carrick

Andersen

If it pans out that way I would agree but I thought Nylander's year in the ahl counted as a year of pro experience?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Brown doesn't need protection.

I could see them exposing bozak if matthews is great, and leivo/rychel force their hand.

According to general fanager he does require protection.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

If it pans out that way I would agree but I thought Nylander's year in the ahl counted as a year of pro experience?

Brills started a post in the trade thread, it showed some players like Mantha were, and it showed that Willie was not. Something about his age pushing the year back because technically he would still have been a junior player. Can't really remember why.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Brills started a post in the trade thread, it showed some players like Mantha were, and it showed that Willie was not. Something about his age pushing the year back because technically he would still have been a junior player. Can't really remember why.

If you have time could you please post a link?
Aprechiated if you could.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If you have time could you please post a link?
Aprechiated if you could.

Yes, last I had heard he was going to be considered a 2nd year pro because he burned enough years to burn a year of his ELC in the NHL last year and he would be playing another pro-season this year.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Imagine the **** show on these boards if Leafs exposed Komarov. He's worth more than a mid-first to a quarter of the posters on this board.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2000491

People should prep themselves - there's a chance he may get exposed to protect guys like Connor Brown and Brendan Leipsic (if they are indeed eligible for expansion - wasn't quite sure on that....).

Mr Hockey*

We are not going to lose anything that we dont already have a younger better version on the marlies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
"– There was some concern about William Nylander given he played in the AHL the past two seasons, but the latest wording of the professional experience rule (as explained by Johnston) puts the Leafs in the clear with Willy. His 2014-15 AHL experience will not count as a season of professional experience as he was below the age of 20 and did not play 10 or more NHL games. His 22 games of 2015-16 NHL experience will count as a full season of professional experience, and so will his 2016-17 NHL season, but that puts him at two professional seasons come June, 2017."

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016/06/11/early-look-toronto-maple-leafs-2017-expansion-draft/

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Leafs can't sign a backup, or even put sparks on the active roster until cowen's situation is cleared up.

If they lose that, unless they trade someone, they have to wait until October to have a backup on the roster once Horton's LTIR'd.

Can't we go 10% over in the off season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad