Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Martin Marincin to 2 year 1 way 1.25m AAV contract

Mad Brills*

Leafs can't sign a backup, or even put sparks on the active roster until cowen's situation is cleared up.

If they lose that, unless they trade someone, they have to wait until October to have a backup on the roster once Horton's LTIR'd.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

That's a very good deal for the Leafs, Marincin is a good young player on Defense going forward.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Leafs can't sign a backup, or even put sparks on the active roster until cowen's situation is cleared up.

If they lose that, unless they trade someone, they have to wait until October to have a backup on the roster once Horton's LTIR'd.

Send down Corrado and Lindberg and they get 1.3M and still 13F and 6D

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Good deal with the team.

He'll never get a big payday due to his low offensive totals, but if he can be a positive possession player seems like a nice example of a "money puck" player.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Another nice and cheap deal. Good chance for Marincin this season as well to show what he can do.

One more deal done.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I feel like he's going to be the guy we lose in the expansion draft.

Right now it doesn't feel like it would be too large a blow, but if he has a successful season on the top pairing with Rielly...

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Good deal with the team.

He'll never get a big payday due to his low offensive totals, but if he can be a positive possession player seems like a nice example of a "money puck" player.

Basically Hjalmarsson or Tanev lite at this point.

Could be a huge player for this team if he keeps developing the way he did the second half of the season.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

I think you should text Lou and tell him this. I think he might be unawares.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

Right now it doesn't feel like it would be too large a blow, but if he has a successful season on the top pairing with Rielly...

As it stands right now, I'd much rather lose Marincin than a guy like Carrick to Las Vegas, but a full season of development can make quite a difference.

I wasn't thrilled with Marincin last year, going by the eye test at least, but it's hard to be upset about a contract like this. Lou's done a really good job with locking up our RFAs this year, both the more minor ones,and the major players like Rielly and Kadri.

Well done, Lou. Hopefully Marincin continues his upward trajectory and turns this into a steal.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Ship up or shape out!

I see him being a solid contributor this year. Quality signing.

Ship up or ship out? He played great and a ton the second half of the season. This will turn out to be a steal.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I have the same feeling. The 2 year deal meets the standards to expose to expansion.
We have a bunch of LHD, with Valiev/Dermott/Neilsen pushing for a spot next year.

Rielly...RHD
Gardiner...Zaitsev
LHD...Carrick

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

Can we not go 10% over the cap?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Glad to have him on board again. He was a pleasure to see step into the fray in the 2nd half last year.

Mad Brills*

Can we not go 10% over the cap?

in the offseason, but they still have to shed it, and they're under the cap now without horton on LTIR, which is what they want due to the bonus overages.

Albeit if cowen does get bought out, they don't have to do anything.

That would only happen if he wins his case.

Mad Brills*

I have the same feeling. The 2 year deal meets the standards to expose to expansion.
We have a bunch of LHD, with Valiev/Dermott/Neilsen pushing for a spot next year.

Rielly...RHD
Gardiner...Zaitsev
LHD...Carrick

yup, unless the leafs expose one of bozak/komarov, which they might and I'd imagine vegas would like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad