Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Kurtis Gabriel to 1 year contract (750k)

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
He was a bit player for one of the worst teams in the league, no I don’t think he makes any impact on the big club
The Sharks having a fighter doesn't move the needle because they're not a playoff team. Different situation with the Leafs, imo. At worst it has no impact, as you mentioned.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
The Sharks having a fighter doesn't move the needle because they're not a playoff team. Different situation with the Leafs, imo. At worst it has no impact, as you mentioned.
A plug who can’t play a regular shift doesn’t move the needle for a team with playoff aspirations.

Last edited:

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I know I'll take heat from some people for this, based on his talent level...which I'm aware of. But I honestly think he ends up taking a regular shift at 4RW
He can by all accounts skate for a big boy. Isn't slow if you've watched him at all. Gets a shot with his hometown team. Dubas said they've seen how hard he's been working. Seems like a good locker room guy. Put Simmonds at 3RW. Get toughness throughout the lineup. Gabriel being able to skate well is the big thing. Can throw a line out like Brooks-Spezza-Gabriel or Robertson-Spezza-Gabriel out and still have good speed, and create a little more space for Spezza and a young winger to work.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad