Post-Game Talk: Leafs/Sens | Saturday, February 23 | No one injured. Night a success.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
No idea what Smith was trying to do here. Was he trying to fight Kadri? Trying to do the ole fake glove drop?

Pretty embarrassing for him to do that to some small finesse player either way. We'd be saying the same thing if a leaf tough guy did that to Silfverberg or something. I don't find it funny. Plus Neil is the only one to get a penalty out of all that, so antics like that do nothing for the team. Perhaps Neil and Smith should start showing some aggression towards opponents and actually stick up for teammates instead of acting like kids in the schoolyard or smashing sticks inside the penalty box.

Kadri is all talk no balls. Has been ever since he played OHL. I'm sure Smith, et al are tired of his act.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I found it hilarious. And so did all my friends who are Canucks fans. Smith is a tough guy, maybe an agitator one might say. It can be his job to get under the oppositions skin to throw off key/star players. I have no problem with this. Many other teams employ the same style players. Just ask Canucks fans how they feel about Brad Marchand. It is what it is. I love it. It's not like he sucker punched Kadri or was feeding him punches.. He was just agitating.

Not to mention as a tough guy, he didn't even physically harass Kadri. Instead he intimidated him into potentially taking a penalty (Kadri repetitively shoves him back may or may not have been a roughing if Neil hadnt been a 3rd man in).

I like it, shows that he's ready to get dirty but isn't gonna take a dumb penalty doing.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not to mention as a tough guy, he didn't even physically harass Kadri. Instead he intimidated him into potentially taking a penalty (Kadri repetitively shoves him back may or may not have been a roughing if Neil hadnt been a 3rd man in).

I like it, shows that he's ready to get dirty but isn't gonna take a dumb penalty doing.

I love it for the fact he basically reduces Kadri to the little fat kid *****ing on the playground. Its not even a physical demonstration but just the look of "you're pathetic" or "what the hell do you think you're going to do to me.." that Smith gives Kadri. Its taunting to its ultimate. I laughed out loud for quite a while.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Greening's been getting a lot of credit to how he responded to his benching, but how bout Zibby? He's come back looking as good as he's ever looked. Clutch faceoff win on Greening's goal too.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Wonder how it feels losing to an AHL team as a Leafs fan..

superman_drinking.gif

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
Smith was making fun of him and sending a message - I pick bigger pieces of corn outta my **** than you. All game Kadri played pretty close to the edge for a skilled guy. Smith IMO was calling him out/ intimidating him. The penalty on Neil on the play was ********. Kadri can punch a guy three four times in the chest but only Neil gets a penalty
Zack Smth is a middle weight and can throw em. IF he goes after Kadri it would not have been cool instead he sent the message. Kadri might want to be careful though
Last game vs the Leafs Smith ran over Kessel this time Kadri love it

THis was a fun game to watch. Z-bad looks better at centre. Condra is so undervalued but so sneaky good. Love Gryba. Finally Greening had a good game.

Th job Maclean is doing is other worldly LOVE this team

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
No idea what Smith was trying to do here. Was he trying to fight Kadri? Trying to do the ole fake glove drop?

Pretty embarrassing for him to do that to some small finesse player either way. We'd be saying the same thing if a leaf tough guy did that to Silfverberg or something. I don't find it funny. Plus Neil is the only one to get a penalty out of all that, so antics like that do nothing for the team. Perhaps Neil and Smith should start showing some aggression towards opponents and actually stick up for teammates instead of acting like kids in the schoolyard or smashing sticks inside the penalty box.

Kadri was throwing his body around all night. Had a couple of nice hits, and got involved in a lot of post-whistle scrums. That's all fine, but if he plays that way he has to expect to get some of it back. He doesn't play like a "small finesse player" and so can't expect to be treated like one.

Nothing wrong with what Smith did there. Nothing wrong with what Kadri was doing, either.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kadri's been impressive.

Smith is a bit of an *******, it's how he plays.

It got intense at times in the game and I'm not really surprised that some of it boiled over.

Still, I'm not sure where all of this "toughness" talk comes from. It's all Colton Orr?

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
Favourite Hughson moments from last night (paraphrasing, I'm not going through the video to get the exact wording):

- Turris takes a shot that squeaks through Reimer and just barely misses the far post after going through the blue paint. Hughson: "thank goodness that didn't hit him and go in"

- Methot lays that huge hit on Kadri. Hughson: "...and Kadri almost gets through..."

- Kadri hits someone (Smith?) in our zone. Hughson: "HUGE HIT BY KADRI!". Grant comes in and hits him in response, neither player falls. Hughson: "and Grant comes in in response but falls down on the hit".

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
Smith was doing Kadri a favour, can you imagine how that would have turned out if he dropped the gloves and all the **** he would have taken for beating a smaller guy into a bloody pulp?

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
Kadri's been impressive.

Smith is a bit of an *******, it's how he plays.

It got intense at times in the game and I'm not really surprised that some of it boiled over.

Still, I'm not sure where all of this "toughness" talk comes from. It's all Colton Orr?

I'm pretty sure Kadri was actually their most physical player last night. Frazer McLaren got completely destroyed by a Neil hit. Captain Stereo was a disaster, he had trouble simultaneously skating and handling the puck. Was Mike Brown even playing? I didn't hear his name once. I expected something more from Komarov, but all I saw were small trips and grabbing guys from behind in post-whistle scrums.

Kadri actually impressed me with his physical play.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Favourite Hughson moments from last night (paraphrasing, I'm not going through the video to get the exact wording):

- Turris takes a shot that squeaks through Reimer and just barely misses the far post after going through the blue paint. Hughson: "thank goodness that didn't hit him and go in"

- Methot lays that huge hit on Kadri. Hughson: "...and Kadri almost gets through..."

- Kadri hits someone (Smith?) in our zone. Hughson: "HUGE HIT BY KADRI!". Grant comes in and hits him in response, neither player falls. Hughson: "and Grant comes in in response but falls down on the hit".

I think he meant Methot tripped Kadri... 'Kadri upended' 'Sens player robs an 80 year old grandmother in the stands during the commercial break', 'Our golden Toronto boys stepped in and replaced the purse and all its contents'

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I'm pretty sure Kadri was actually their most physical player last night. Frazer McLaren got completely destroyed by a Neil hit. Captain Stereo was a disaster, he had trouble simultaneously skating and handling the puck. Was Mike Brown even playing? I didn't hear his name once. I expected something more from Komarov, but all I saw were small trips and grabbing guys from behind in post-whistle scrums.

Kadri actually impressed me with his physical play.

Kadri did play a physical game, but all the chirping he does is going to bring him attention I don't believe he can handle.

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
Kadri did play a physical game, but all the chirping he does is going to bring him attention I don't believe he can handle.

Not going to argue against this. I'm not a fan of the kid, I just thought he was the Leafs' most physical player last night. That's as much an indictment of the rest of the Leafs as anything.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I'm normally not a Senators fan..never like Alfredsson and always seen him as a diver but this year if the Senators make the playoffs I'm cheering for them all the way (unless oilers make it:laugh:)..to much BS has been handed to Ottawa this year, I'm jumping on the Bandwagon come playoff time

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm normally not a Senators fan..never like Alfredsson and always seen him as a diver but this year if the Senators make the playoffs I'm cheering for them all the way (unless oilers make it:laugh:)..to much BS has been handed to Ottawa this year, I'm jumping on the Bandwagon come playoff time

Still a lot of hockey yet to be played.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff

After taking a couple shots from Kadri to the chest I'm surprised he didn't do more, honestly. You can't seriously be mad at Smith for not doing anything, or you might be mad at him for embarrassing your guy. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad